District 14A

Goldenpride

7 hours ago, Goldenpride said:

Trenton played a good game tonight in my opinion. I think next time it might be a little different of how the game can go, we need Harris to score like he can to have a better chance on being on the winning side of things. 

Humboldt played good team defense on Harris, I think he ended up with 16 points but 8 points came in the last couple of minutes when Humboldt was up double digits! & game was over. Also, Harris had to use a lot of energy just to get a open shot!

Edited by 87vikingalumni

10 hours ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Humboldt played good team defense on Harris, I think he ended up with 16 points but 8 points came in the last couple of minutes when Humboldt was up double digits! & game was over. Also, Harris had to use a lot of energy just to get a open shot!

He did! Humboldt won without Ward knocking everything he shot so we had him in check for the most part. We need to learn how to play above the rim better with jones jumping ability down in the paint. 

1 hour ago, Goldenpride said:

He did! Humboldt won without Ward knocking everything he shot so we had him in check for the most part. We need to learn how to play above the rim better with jones jumping ability down in the paint. 

Yes, Trenton had no answer for Jones that kid plays above the rim. Most likely, Trenton & Humboldt will play two (2) more times if neither slips up during tournament time!

Well, the regular season is about over and district tournament will start next week. Like, I predicted, Humboldt was the regular season champions and will have the number 1 seed in tournament. Hopefully, Humboldt will continue to play as a team & not take any team lightly and stay out of foul trouble. Jones, Ward & Abernathy are the key to the Vikings success but Jones to me is the most valuable because if he gets in foul trouble that hurts Humboldt. During tournaments you will have different Refs & Humboldt aggressive defense might get them in trouble.

• 2 weeks later...

Trenton beats Humboldt to take district tournament championship 73-68, Trenton played a great game! Anthony Jones had three (3) fouls in 1st quarter with 3:35 to go & sat out all of 2 qtr & half of 3rd! Humboldt will not win without him on the court but coach continue to play man defense & didn’t protect Jones by going to a zone! Regional tournament starts Saturday & Humboldt needs to re-group or it will be over early!