District 14A

Goldenpride

On 2/20/2019 at 2:37 PM, 87vikingalumni said:

GCPioneer, they were the better team last night & Humboldt will be ready for the regional tournament it's a different game when it's lose and go home. Humboldt needs to play multiple defense especially when they get in foul trouble playing man defense. I don't like all the trapping out of the man just play straight up defense or the press because once teams break press or traps they get easy lay-ups or fouls. 

I believe humboldt made the adjustments they needed to flat out put a whooping on trenton trenton couldn't get it together they was like there lips fell to the ground guess they thought well trenton beat humboldt in the dship should b a cakewalk but you got that big L straight blowout trenton led the game for about 7 sec and humboldt took the lead for good 

6 hours ago, Volsfan2000 said:

I believe humboldt made the adjustments they needed to flat out put a whooping on trenton trenton couldn't get it together they was like there lips fell to the ground guess they thought well trenton beat humboldt in the dship should b a cakewalk but you got that big L straight blowout trenton led the game for about 7 sec and humboldt took the lead for good 

Like I said, “ if Humboldt didn’t trap & play straight up man defense & stay out of foul trouble they would win”! Humboldt did both last night, not trapping & picking up man defense at half court conserved energy as well. Humboldt needs to show up again Monday to punch ticket to the glass house! 

4 hours ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Like I said, “ if Humboldt didn’t trap & play straight up man defense & stay out of foul trouble they would win”! Humboldt did both last night, not trapping & picking up man defense at half court conserved energy as well. Humboldt needs to show up again Monday to punch ticket to the glass house! 

HB played a matchup zone last night in second half.

14 minutes ago, coachzero said:

HB played a matchup zone last night in second half.

Yes, they had too because Trenton plays with four (4) guards and basically likes to penetrate for lay-ups & kick out ball out for 3 pointers but don't underestimate them because of their size, they play with a lot of heart or they wouldn't have made it this far.

29 minutes ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Yes, they had too because Trenton plays with four (4) guards and basically likes to penetrate for lay-ups & kick out ball out for 3 pointers but don't underestimate them because of their size, they play with a lot of heart or they wouldn't have made it this far.

yes they would have! The division is weak comparred to 15A. The size part is not fooling me because they have been small all year so they know how to play that way. I am telling you that MAHS is HUGE!!!! Size wise HB matches up with Manassas kinda sorta. I just feel like manassas has 3 players better than anybody on HB team.

3 hours ago, coachzero said:

yes they would have! The division is weak comparred to 15A. The size part is not fooling me because they have been small all year so they know how to play that way. I am telling you that MAHS is HUGE!!!! Size wise HB matches up with Manassas kinda sorta. I just feel like manassas has 3 players better than anybody on HB team.

Again, why are you calling District 14a weak & size doesn't matter it's all about team ball. Manassas lost against Bolivar by 10, Bolivar was beat by Brownsville & Sacred Heart and Humboldt beat both teams. So you can compare all you want & say who's weak but "YOU STILL GOT TO PLAY THE GAME"!!!! Manassas was the only team to win state from 15A in past twenty (20) years but district 14A has won Three (3) in the last ten (10) years & six (6) the last twenty (20) years but that's in the past so it doesn't matter. The only other Single A school in Memphis to win single A was Mitchell (3 peat) who had to come down to single A to even win a championship (their first) because they couldn't win in AA.

Edited by 87vikingalumni
Truth!!
  • Like 1