District 14A

Goldenpride

1 hour ago, Golddoctor said:

Pankey gave you all that inside presence which will be needed in the post season.  Don't underestimate Pankeys value to this team.  Humboldt will win with the 3 and they will die with the 3.  Peabody will expose Humboldt later in the season.  We will sacrifice losing early on just to bring home a Gold Ball in Football.  It is all about the Gold.  Nobody remembers you unless you win the Gold.  Humboldt has had better teams in the past that should have had 3 more Gold balls.  I hope they will get what they are capable of if Peabody is put out.  Then I am on the Humboldt ban wagon.  Humboldt supported us at State so I will return the favor if they make it there/

I never underestimated Pankey Value, I just stated, “ that Humboldt would be a better defensive team with Manley”, denfense is going to be the key to Humboldt going deep this year! If, Humboldts bench continues to get better, it will only help. I don’t think Humboldt will ever take Trenton likely! I  think Humboldt has a lot of room for improvement especially on the offensive end & if they get that going they will be a hard out! 

9 hours ago, 87vikingalumni said:

I never underestimated Pankey Value, I just stated, “ that Humboldt would be a better defensive team with Manley”, denfense is going to be the key to Humboldt going deep this year! If, Humboldts bench continues to get better, it will only help. I don’t think Humboldt will ever take Trenton likely! I  think Humboldt has a lot of room for improvement especially on the offensive end & if they get that going they will be a hard out! 

Top two should be us and Humboldt heading to tournaments. We should meet two more times in the district and region finals. We will have our chances to beat y’all but it’ll be harder coming to yalls place to do so 

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 5:05 PM, Goldenpride said:

Depth should come. We are having a rough patch at winning some games we should be handling wins in a 15-20 point win, but that’s what is different about basketball. Bradford and Oc had an answer for Harris this past week. If we can get a 3rd guy to play with Ross and Harris it should be a fun team to watch but until then we will struggle down the stretch. All that matters is getting the W and that’s what Peabody has learned to do in these games. We shouldn’t be in tournament mode yet and that’s good because there is always room to improve our game. 

well said

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 5:08 PM, 87vikingalumni said:

Humboldt is the real deal this year

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 3:47 PM, Golddoctor said:

They are right now.  Let's wait and see if they have peaked to early.  Teams will learn how to beat you.  But my opinion is Humboldt is a State Champion caliber team right now.

Humboldt hasn't peaked yet either, they have a lot of young talent on the bench that's getting a lot of playing experience early which will only help the Vikings. The Vikings tough defense will be the key to whether they make it to Murfreesboro this year & they play hard for four (4) quarters. Coach Abernathy has the Vikings in great shape to play pressure man defense for four (4) quarters which wears team down in 4th quarter. Also, Humboldt has played a tough schedule thus far & will be in Popular Bluff tomorrow against bigger schools so far Humboldt has played two (AAA), four (AA) & one (1) private school. 

On 12/26/2018 at 8:32 AM, 87vikingalumni said:

Humboldt hasn't peaked yet either, they have a lot of young talent on the bench that's getting a lot of playing experience early which will only help the Vikings. The Vikings tough defense will be the key to whether they make it to Murfreesboro this year & they play hard for four (4) quarters. Coach Abernathy has the Vikings in great shape to play pressure man defense for four (4) quarters which wears team down in 4th quarter. Also, Humboldt has played a tough schedule thus far & will be in Popular Bluff tomorrow against bigger schools so far Humboldt has played two (AAA), four (AA) & one (1) private school. 

Let us know how that turns out. We beat halls in the milan tournament. Played a lot of kids won by 30