• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Goldenpride

District 14A

7 hours ago, Goldenpride said:

Trenton played a good game tonight in my opinion. I think next time it might be a little different of how the game can go, we need Harris to score like he can to have a better chance on being on the winning side of things. 

Humboldt played good team defense on Harris, I think he ended up with 16 points but 8 points came in the last couple of minutes when Humboldt was up double digits! & game was over. Also, Harris had to use a lot of energy just to get a open shot!

Edited by 87vikingalumni

10 hours ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Humboldt played good team defense on Harris, I think he ended up with 16 points but 8 points came in the last couple of minutes when Humboldt was up double digits! & game was over. Also, Harris had to use a lot of energy just to get a open shot!

He did! Humboldt won without Ward knocking everything he shot so we had him in check for the most part. We need to learn how to play above the rim better with jones jumping ability down in the paint. 

1 hour ago, Goldenpride said:

He did! Humboldt won without Ward knocking everything he shot so we had him in check for the most part. We need to learn how to play above the rim better with jones jumping ability down in the paint. 

Yes, Trenton had no answer for Jones that kid plays above the rim. Most likely, Trenton & Humboldt will play two (2) more times if neither slips up during tournament time!

9 hours ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Yes, Trenton had no answer for Jones that kid plays above the rim. Most likely, Trenton & Humboldt will play two (2) more times if neither slips up during tournament time!

Would anyone know how Humboldt Jr High did last night they played for the 1 A Title and Milan played for the 2A Title?

Well, the regular season is about over and district tournament will start next week. Like, I predicted, Humboldt was the regular season champions and will have the number 1 seed in tournament. Hopefully, Humboldt will continue to play as a team & not take any team lightly and stay out of foul trouble. Jones, Ward & Abernathy are the key to the Vikings success but Jones to me is the most valuable because if he gets in foul trouble that hurts Humboldt. During tournaments you will have different Refs & Humboldt aggressive defense might get them in trouble.

21 hours ago, racer1 said:

Where is district going to be played. I heard gibson county. Is this true

It is at the University of Martin from what I've heard which doesn't make sense to me. All of District 14A teams are closer to Gibson county then Martin.

Congrats  to the finalist for Mr. Basketball in single A with two (2) players from district 14A!!!

Class A Mr. Basketball Finalists
Ja’darius Harris, Peabody
Anthony Jones, Humboldt
Catthadious Moore, Manassas

22 hours ago, racer1 said:

Where is district going to be played. I heard gibson county. Is this true

District tournament at Gibson Co, Regional tournament at UTM.