District 14A

Goldenpride

11 minutes ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Trenton beats Humboldt to take district tournament championship 73-68, Trenton played a great game! Anthony Jones had three (3) fouls in 1st quarter with 3:35 to go & sat out all of 2 qtr & half of 3rd! Humboldt will not win without him on the court but coach continue to play man defense & didn’t protect Jones by going to a zone! Regional tournament starts Saturday & Humboldt needs to re-group or it will be over early!

Why leave him in with 2 fouls in the first quarter and let him pick up his third foul.... I also didn't understand why Humboldt didn't call timeouts when they cut the lead down to 4 and 6 following made buckets to get the press set up.... Peabody led from start to finish and deserved the win.

13 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Why leave him in with 2 fouls in the first quarter and let him pick up his third foul.... I also didn't understand why Humboldt didn't call timeouts when they cut the lead down to 4 and 6 following made buckets to get the press set up.... Peabody led from start to finish and deserved the win.

Wished I could answer that question but only the coach can answer that & don’t know why we didn’t play zone, Trenton hit 55 points off lay ups & free throws!

Peabody did deserved to win,they played a great game.Coach had a good game plan.I agree Humboldt better get it together. I also think Humboldt needs this loss.They need to know they are beatable.They have been winning games without having to play hard.Sometimes it is good to lose a game at the right time to wake the kids up.

21 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

That puzzled me too! Feels like if the Vikings would have been able to set the press then that would have changed the momentum of the game.  It was a great team effort by Peabody and was a great game to watch.

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:32 AM, 87vikingalumni said:

Humboldt hasn't peaked yet either, they have a lot of young talent on the bench that's getting a lot of playing experience early which will only help the Vikings. The Vikings tough defense will be the key to whether they make it to Murfreesboro this year & they play hard for four (4) quarters. Coach Abernathy has the Vikings in great shape to play pressure man defense for four (4) quarters which wears team down in 4th quarter. Also, Humboldt has played a tough schedule thus far & will be in Popular Bluff tomorrow against bigger schools so far Humboldt has played two (AAA), four (AA) & one (1) private school. 

Trenton has been creeping up on Humboldt all year.  Peabody has more scorers than Humboldt.  We knew coming in we could beat them.  Nobody made excuses when you guys won the first 2.  Peabody is peaking at right time.  I dont know how Jones got away with that 4th foul.  Terrible call by giving the foul to someone else.  We will meet again in Championship of Region.  Same result, different location.  Pick your poison Humboldt

8 hours ago, Golddoctor said:

Trenton has been creeping up on Humboldt all year.  Peabody has more scorers than Humboldt.  We knew coming in we could beat them.  Nobody made excuses when you guys won the first 2.  Peabody is peaking at right time.  I dont know how Jones got away with that 4th foul.  Terrible call by giving the foul to someone else.  We will meet again in Championship of Region.  Same result, different location.  Pick your poison Humboldt

Lol, no one made any excuses said, “Trenton played a great game & deserves to win but Humboldt needs to worry about winning the next two games”! If, we do play again it may be the same results if the coach doesn’t make any adjustments & Jones got to stay out of foul trouble! 

2 hours ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Lol, no one made any excuses said, “Trenton played a great game & deserves to win but Humboldt needs to worry about winning the next two games”! If, we do play again it may be the same results if the coach doesn’t make any adjustments & Jones got to stay out of foul trouble! 

I agree but our star player only set 5 minutes less than Jones.  I dont think HB has the balance scoring that Peabody has.  Humboldt is very good but Peabody is just as good at this point in the season.  I hope we meet again in the Regional Championship.  It good to see these two Gibson county teams represent.  Peabody finally hired  a good coach.  Our talent has been good for years but our past coach just killed the program.  Coach Miller will soon have Peabody respected as our Football program.  Roll Tide!

3 hours ago, Golddoctor said:

I agree but our star player only set 5 minutes less than Jones.  I dont think HB has the balance scoring that Peabody has.  Humboldt is very good but Peabody is just as good at this point in the season.  I hope we meet again in the Regional Championship.  It good to see these two Gibson county teams represent.  Peabody finally hired  a good coach.  Our talent has been good for years but our past coach just killed the program.  Coach Miller will soon have Peabody respected as our Football program.  Roll Tide!

I don't know how you came up with those minutes but Jones missed half of 1st quarter, all of 2nd and part of 3rd quarter due to three (3) early fouls in 1st quarter. Trenton was better prepared & played a better game so they deserved to win. I'm kind of glad they lost so that they can get back refocused & hopefully coach Abernathy will have a  game plan instead of doing the same thing and not making any adjustments.     

1 hour ago, GCPioneer said:

I know Humboldt beat Peabody twice during the regular season, but Peabody definitely looked to be better coached and the better team overall last night... I felt like Peabody came in with a gameplan, while Humboldt just came in to play the game.

GCPioneer, they were the better team last night & Humboldt will be ready for the regional tournament it's a different game when it's lose and go home. Humboldt needs to play multiple defense especially when they get in foul trouble playing man defense. I don't like all the trapping out of the man just play straight up defense or the press because once teams break press or traps they get easy lay-ups or fouls.