Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
Goldenpride

District 14A

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, racer1 said:

Humboldt 35 Peabody 26 halftime

 

13 minutes ago, racer1 said:

Humboldt 59 Peabody 42 end of 3rd

Humboldt -78 Trenton-62, all of Humboldt players got to play tonight, Vikings controlled game from start! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2018 at 11:45 PM, Goldenpride said:

Peabody with another win over D burg. Wasn’t pretty, but we will take it. Friday we will see what we are about 

Humboldt wins tonight 104-73 over South, Fulton KY don’t play again until next Thursday in tournament at Popular Bluff, Missouri. Hopefully, the Vikings will show up & play well against bigger schools, the Vikings are the only Single A school in tournament, majority of teams are 5A, 4A & 3A Central from Memphis! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Humboldt wins tonight 104-73 over South, Fulton KY don’t play again until next Thursday in tournament at Popular Bluff, Missouri. Hopefully, the Vikings will show up & play well against bigger schools, the Vikings are the only Single A school in tournament, majority of teams are 5A, 4A & 3A Central from Memphis! 

Y’all should hold your own up there. Very talented team the Vikings have this year. I left at halftime Friday because I could see the writing on the wall. Humboldt should win this region easily, not saying Peabody isn’t good. We are athletic but lack depth in size. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Y’all should hold your own up there. Very talented team the Vikings have this year. I left at halftime Friday because I could see the writing on the wall. Humboldt should win this region easily, not saying Peabody isn’t good. We are athletic but lack depth in size. 

Hopefully, they will have a good tournament! I tried to tell everybody that Humboldt would be quicker & more Athletic this year without Pankey! Pankey was a good player but Manley is quicker, a better defender and rebounder then Pankey in my opinion! When,  Humboldt is playing great defense, they will always be in a game & they are in shape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 87vikingalumni said:

Hopefully, they will have a good tournament! I tried to tell everybody that Humboldt would be quicker & more Athletic this year without Pankey! Pankey was a good player but Manley is quicker, a better defender and rebounder then Pankey in my opinion! When,  Humboldt is playing great defense, they will always be in a game & they are in shape.

It was impressive to watch. Reminded me of the teams Peabody used to have back in the 90’s. A mixture of everything that can be thrown at teams. Ward, Jones, Abernathy is what makes the motor run for you guys and after that are some really good role players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:44 PM, 87vikingalumni said:

 

Humboldt -78 Trenton-62, all of Humboldt players got to play tonight, Vikings controlled game from start! 

Peabody is not ready for Humboldt right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 3:02 PM, MightyVikingAlum said:

Humboldt is by far the best team. 

They are right now.  Let's wait and see if they have peaked to early.  Teams will learn how to beat you.  But my opinion is Humboldt is a State Champion caliber team right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:51 PM, Goldenpride said:

It was impressive to watch. Reminded me of the teams Peabody used to have back in the 90’s. A mixture of everything that can be thrown at teams. Ward, Jones, Abernathy is what makes the motor run for you guys and after that are some really good role players. 

Pankey gave you all that inside presence which will be needed in the post season.  Don't underestimate Pankeys value to this team.  Humboldt will win with the 3 and they will die with the 3.  Peabody will expose Humboldt later in the season.  We will sacrifice losing early on just to bring home a Gold Ball in Football.  It is all about the Gold.  Nobody remembers you unless you win the Gold.  Humboldt has had better teams in the past that should have had 3 more Gold balls.  I hope they will get what they are capable of if Peabody is put out.  Then I am on the Humboldt ban wagon.  Humboldt supported us at State so I will return the favor if they make it there/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:36 PM, Goldenpride said:

Y’all should hold your own up there. Very talented team the Vikings have this year. I left at halftime Friday because I could see the writing on the wall. Humboldt should win this region easily, not saying Peabody isn’t good. We are athletic but lack depth in size. 

We don't have size but the depth will come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Golddoctor said:

We don't have size but the depth will come.

Depth should come. We are having a rough patch at winning some games we should be handling wins in a 15-20 point win, but that’s what is different about basketball. Bradford and Oc had an answer for Harris this past week. If we can get a 3rd guy to play with Ross and Harris it should be a fun team to watch but until then we will struggle down the stretch. All that matters is getting the W and that’s what Peabody has learned to do in these games. We shouldn’t be in tournament mode yet and that’s good because there is always room to improve our game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...