4A Title Game #1 Greeneville Vs. Haywood

DevilMan03

No doubt both teams have some great players and coaches.Playing against MUS has gave Haywood a chance to be on the field against a super team this year that is loaded with talent.That and some of those tough games like Henry county has this Haywood team battle tested.Their not going to look over at our guys and shake in their shoes because a few of our guys are going to the next level.This is not a local  team that all we have to do is run a play and score every time.This is a football team we better prepare for and thank goodness our coaches are great ones and I guarantee you they know this is going to be tough.

• Like 2

A few casual observations:

devilman03 is in dire need of a wife or significant other. Doesn’t seem that his ignorant prattle is indicative of most of the Greeneville fan base though. 

This will likely be the toughest matchup for both teams all season. Haywood has played 4 of the best teams in the state regardless of classification (MUS, Briarcrest, Henry County and Dyersburg) and won’t be half as shell shocked as most people are expecting. Greeneville’s schedule seems incredibly weak, but I’m sure someone from out East can explain to me how I’m wrong. 

Haywood has plenty of depth, size and athleticism, as well as a running game that will be superior to anything Greeneville has seen so far this season. One thing I’m certain Haywood is going struggle with against Greeneville is defending the pass. Haywood hasn’t faced an offense that’s nearly as multidimensional as the Devils and, while I hope I’m wrong, I ultimately think that will be the difference in the game. Best of luck to both teams, I’m hoping for a slobber knocker 

• Like 2

Every year undefeated,same weak schedule,but I give credit where it's due,they do what they have to do. We played the best team in the state in mus,we are stepping down a notch with greeneville,gonna be a good one tho,plus Henry co. Competing for the 5a ship.now who have they played that's playing for it all,nooooooooooooooooobody!

24 minutes ago, shawboy said:

Every year undefeated,same weak schedule,but I give credit where it's due,they do what they have to do. We played the best team in the state in mus,we are stepping down a notch with greeneville,gonna be a good one tho,plus Henry co. Competing for the 5a ship.now who have they played that's playing for it all,nooooooooooooooooobody!

That same weak schedule you talk of has came with 3 gold Balls and 1 Silver Ball since 2009.  What has Haywood done since the TSSAA moved to 6 classifications?  Your bragging about playing MUS who you weren't even competitive with  :lol: (Thats like an SEC team saying well we have played Alabama even though we got throttled).  Every year the Greene Machine has brought back a Trophy from Cookeville no one on their schedule was playing for a championship.  Better be ready to see a well balanced team that will take whatever the D gives them.  Stack the box (We will screen you to death and take shots down field).  Try to stop the screen game (We will run it right at you or go over the top).  Play loose coverage get screened or short to intermediate routes.  Its picking a Poison and these Greene Devils have been here before.  I hope you don't have the deer in headlights look like Springfield did last year :popcorneater: