4A Title Game #1 Greeneville Vs. Haywood

DevilMan03

Congrats greeneville,great coaching an offensive line,experience means everything an they never get rattled even when their down they don't wow u with any thing they just stay consistant.i hope we learned something from this team cuz they are what we are trying to be,don't tell devil man I said that,lmao

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, shawboy said:

Congrats greeneville,great coaching an offensive line,experience means everything an they never get rattled even when their down they don't wow u with any thing they just stay consistant.i hope we learned something from this team cuz they are what we are trying to be,don't tell devil man I said that,lmao

I tried to warn everyone lol. 

Good Game to Haywood. You guys came out on fire but we Greeneville quickly put a stop to that. I’m going to miss watching this group of seniors play week after week. We’ve been blessed to watch them for 4 years now and they haven’t disappointed. 

This Group of seniors finished the ultimate goal twice! With a combined record of 52-3 over their 4 years. That’s incredible! 

Thank you for all the hard work and determination year after year. I’ll for sure be watching what you guys do at the next level like a hawk. 

Nomatter where life takes you in life always remember. DEVIL 4 LIFE! 

YOURE DEVIL MAN APPROVED:thumb:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Thanks Lawnman,you guys gave us the biggest challenge of the year and will continue to be the Devils biggest challenge in this part of the state.NET :thumb:

Thanks as well Batman and this Devils team is one of the best high school football teams I’ve had the privilege to watch.

2 hours ago, barb said:

This is perhaps the best representation of what this program is all about. Thanks to Tim Hayes of the Bristol Herald Courier

https://www.heraldcourier.com/sports/net-juggernaut-greeneville-achieving-historic-success/article_2a89e96e-f375-11e8-bb82-c7a4c50374ad.html

He showed with the headlines that he is smarter then the rest of the sports writers in the area put together.

Edited by BatmanDevil
  • Like 1

Wow what a great game. First off I want to say congratulations to Haywood County on their great season. Man that was some BIG Boy's there is definitely kid's on that team that will be playing on Saturdays. #91 was as advertised very good football player. #2 was a great runner extremely fast and deceptively strong . Very impressed with Haywood County. After watching all 15 game's that greeneville played this year. I do believe Haywood was the best team we played all year. And as far as my GREENE DEVIL'S go wow what I can I say we got punched right in the mouth at the beginning of the game and never even flinched. Such poise and determination. And this team's will to win is something else. I thought the o line played a great ball game. And the backs ran hard. And of course Cade did his thing. Really going to miss watching these senior's play what a special Group. It really makes this old Devil feel good to see the team playing together and playing for each other the way they do. What a wonderful season. So proud of each and every one of you guys. Now to the under classman. Take off the rest of the weekend and then it's weight room Monday LoL. Got to get ready for a shot at that 3 peat. But once again much respect to Haywood County they deserve or respect they have a great football team

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Someone may have mentioned this already (I haven't had time to read all the pages after the game), but this game was won in two phases. Strength & conditioning and coaching! Haywood just wore out in the second half. I give credit to the weight room and offseason conditioning programs Greeneville has. 

Secondly, Greeneville adjusted well. #92 was a beast at fullback!!!! But everything went behind him. If they countered, he came across the line. If the ran a sweep, he went to the outside. If the ran a dive, he was busting up the middle. I get it! Many of a coach will line up and say, here's what I'm running, it's your job to stop it. But if I can figure it out from the stands, Greeneville's coaches will definitely figure it out. Heck, the first time Haywood was forced to punt, #92 was resting n the bench that series. He was a monster!

All in all congrats to the Greene Devils! Four in nine years is pretty amazing feat. Also congrats to Haywood on a great season. You gave Greeneville their toughest challenge, especially for a half. (Yes, even more than AC, haha, I couldn't resist. 

I just hate the season is over. 

• Like 2