4A Title Game #1 Greeneville Vs. Haywood

DevilMan03

3 hours ago, FBwife2 said:

And if you think your team should be awarded the "classy team" award, then you are mistaken. I am confused as to why you would be crowding their locker room as your team obviously was not the ones going on to the field at the time. I am sure it was a little intimidating to be surrounded by the opposing teams parents and cheerleaders when you are excited and nervous to play in the biggest game of your life. If you do not want to hear locker room talk, then don't stand right out side of the locker room. As to the coaches, they were wondering why the heck you were standing right there too. When you're focused on the biggest game of your coaching career, you tune out everything that is going on around you. You have no idea what kind of coaching is done at Haywood, so assuming that "life" coaching needs to happen more makes you sound like you are so much better than they are. Those Tomcats are some of most respectful boys I have ever been around in my life. They teach them skills to be successful once football is over and how to lose humbly. Something your coach might need to be teaching more of since once your players were up, they talked filthy to our kids. You need a lesson in winning gracefully.  

Lol here comes the jealousy. Take the loss and move on. Our team is the classiest there is. Better luck next time. Congrats on 2nd place 

4 hours ago, FBwife2 said:

And if you think your team should be awarded the "classy team" award, then you are mistaken. I am confused as to why you would be crowding their locker room as your team obviously was not the ones going on to the field at the time. I am sure it was a little intimidating to be surrounded by the opposing teams parents and cheerleaders when you are excited and nervous to play in the biggest game of your life. If you do not want to hear locker room talk, then don't stand right out side of the locker room. As to the coaches, they were wondering why the heck you were standing right there too. When you're focused on the biggest game of your coaching career, you tune out everything that is going on around you. You have no idea what kind of coaching is done at Haywood, so assuming that "life" coaching needs to happen more makes you sound like you are so much better than they are. Those Tomcats are some of most respectful boys I have ever been around in my life. They teach them skills to be successful once football is over and how to lose humbly. Something your coach might need to be teaching more of since once your players were up, they talked filthy to our kids. You need a lesson in winning gracefully.  

Everyone was cheering the Greene Devils walking out they just so happened to walk out the same way and it was said about 500ft after they left the locker room and fans were waiting for the rest of the Devils to come out...those cheerleaders and kids must have been frightening 

Edited by Devilsx4

10 hours ago, FBwife2 said:

These werent angry mob parents with ball bats, battle axes and hand grenades, the Tomcat team was walking thru. It was parents like yourself, cheerleaders and small children waiting their kids, brothers, nephews and so on, to come through. if THAT was intimidating, how in the world did they plan on actually playing in front of several thousand opposing fans, which by the way, they did quite well, so i find it rather hard to beleive they were "intimidated" by our people. that said, i was      200 yards from the locker room. if you had payed attention, i mentioned being in the parking lot.....and yes i understand locker room talk. i travel with the greene devils so im fully aware of what goes on in there. You wont meet a more respectful person than myself in public, on a football field, in a locker room, in a parking lot or wherever. My very simple point was/is, when someone wishes you good luck, the proper response.....AS AN ADULT.....is to say thank you. If im wrong here, someone correct me. Im sure Haywood has great great kids that put in hard work, no doubt about it, but you can defend him all you want, im standing my ground  here, you just dont say "we're gona F these mother F'ers up around kids, or where i come from, even adults.....and yes, im sure there's kids where i come from that would do that...just not the kids i represent on here. I understand your frustration and even your angst towards me for my comment, but i would bet my last video camera, you would feel exactly the same if you had been in my shoes....in fact, as i said in my original post, i wasnt the only one that heard it or was miffed by it....but i WAS the only one standing there 200 yards away from the locker rooms, waiting on MY team to walk past me when i wished good luck to the opposing team. If you knew me at all, which you dont, you would know that i am the last person to think they are better than someone else. not my style, never has been, never will BUT, you DONT know me, therefor, i will give you a pass on that one since you are only basing your opinion on one single solitary post on a thread on the internet after you husbands team just recently lost the biggest game of his life to the team i represent, so i DO understand how you might feel that way....no harm no foul there.....best of luck next year, maybe Haywood will get another shot at us and we can talk about it in cookeville next season. IF we are both fortunate enough make it back....OH, as as for what our coach is teaching our kids.....not EVEN an issue here, im sure there was some smack talk going on on the field and i bet the haywood kids were all telling our kids to  have a blessed day out there on the field......give me a break with that one.

Edited by BVDevil

Looking forward to that video brother.Great season and a great way for the Devils to finish .I look forward to  hearing many good things from this class and wish  all the senior players the best as they take on the real important things in life.That said,they can all look back for the rest of their lives and know this was something very special and that they help make a whole lot of people very proud.:thumb:

On 11/30/2018 at 8:52 PM, BVDevil said:

well, before we give out all the "classy team" awards, i have a little something to bring us....and devilsx4 can back me on this and confirm im not making this up....as Haywood was walking from the locker room to the stadium, through our fans and cheerleaders....one of their kids proclaimed " we bout to F these mother F'ers up".....now, im fine with a kid beleiving that but I draw the line at vocalizing it in front of the oposing teams fans and cheerleaders....pluse, when they got halfway thru the lot and came down this little set of stairs, i was at the bottom of those stairs waiting in the devils to come down and as their coaches and team walked  past me....close enough that a couple of them litterally brushed arms with me i might add.....i stood their and repeatedly told them " good luck today gentlemen, good luck today gentlemen, good luck today gentlemen ".....and only 2 out of the whole crew bothered to say " thank you"....and neither of those 2 were coaches.....tells me a little more "life" coaching might be needeed at Haywood....that said, those were  some big #### boys...considerably bigger than our 2 biggest dudes....and im not gona lie....the way the Tcats started i was worried....i mean BIGTIME worried....worried that we might not have them mercy rule by halftime.......not even joking about that either

First I want to say I am a Huntingdon fan and I have no dog in this fight. I do however want to tell you that these boys are being shown how to be men from their coaching staff. My stepfather has a great nephew who’s 8 and is a huge Haywood fan. He’s in St Jude and is in a real fight with cancer. These boys went down and spent time with him in his hospital room. It meant the world to him. They didn’t do it for praise. They didn’t do it for press. They did it because it was the right thing to do. Im not going to say that saying cuss words in front of young kids is right, but they were getting ready to go into battle with a opponent where they have been told they had no chance against. Give these 16 and 17 yr olds a break.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Waker said:

First I want to say I am a Huntingdon fan and I have no dog in this fight. I do however want to tell you that these boys are being shown how to be men from their coaching staff. My stepfather has a great nephew who’s 8 and is a huge Haywood fan. He’s in St Jude and is in a real fight with cancer. These boys went down and spent time with him in his hospital room. It meant the world to him. They didn’t do it for praise. They didn’t do it for press. They did it because it was the right thing to do. Im not going to say that saying cuss words in front of young kids is right, but they were getting ready to go into battle with a opponent where they have been told they had no chance against. Give these 16 and 17 yr olds a break.

No doubt the coach is a good man and as I said before,you can't keep every young man from doing something that he shouldn't have.I remember doing a thing or to when I was much younger and a few things since then.I hate that life is so tough on millions of kids and adults here and around the world.I've  said many time that if I had the power to make it right,none of us would ever know pain and suffering on this earth.Maybe that's being a blasphemer or not,but it's always good to hear stories like this ,when young men give their time to help others .

Edited by BatmanDevil
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FridayMainEvent said:

I had a good interview with both Head Coaches following the win Thursday in case you guys missed it.   Coach Hookfin begins around the 17 minute mark of this show and Coach Ballard was around the 21 minute mark.

Friday Main Event from Cookeville

You guys do a really good job .Even with my phone not playing the video and sound together,I just listened and enjoyed it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

You guys do a really good job .Even with my phone not playing the video and sound together,I just listened and enjoyed it.

Appreciate that.   I made the decision to use the TSSAA provided Wi-fi for my show and it was very unreliable at times.   I ran a few speed test right before we began and thought I might get some video lag as the test were very inconsistent.   Unfortunately, I didn't have my jetpack setup so I had to go with it.   Appreciate you listening this season.   We're looking forward to doing it again next year.  

6 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

I had a good interview with both Head Coaches following the win Thursday in case you guys missed it.   Coach Hookfin begins around the 17 minute mark of this show and Coach Ballard was around the 21 minute mark.

Friday Main Event from Cookeville

great work as always.  looked for your stuff this weekend and found it right away. Great interviews and great work as always, thanks for what you do for HS football

• Thanks 1

On 12/2/2018 at 2:50 PM, Waker said:

Let me nip all this in the bud once and for all. I probably shouldnt have made the "life lesson" remark in my original post so, to that I appologize to coach Hookfin, should he stumble across this stuff. Secondly, sure, kids say stuff they shouldnt and i was no different. Heck Im half a century old and still say stupid things ( see life lessons remark). I guess i have just been conditioned to think everyone should say "thank you" when a compliment or well wishes are handed out.As far as the F U M F'ers comment, as i stated before, I'm standing my gound on that one. In my opinion it was wrong, but that's it....no harm no foul, i was just pointing out an observation of mine during the day. Maybe I should have just kept my opinion to myself, but as most people know, I have no filter and Im usually going to say what's on my mind, right wrong or indifferent. My "life lessons'' comment was made at the moment i was was typing my original post and at the time, it was what came to mind, based on the experience i was referencing. I certainly dont think those kids are 
"Taught" to ignore people or to ignore people who are wishing them luck, it just took me by surprise and stuck with me for a while so i said what was on my  mind at that moment.  Much like many issues and many incidents in life, ive had several days to think about it and to redirect my thoughts on it. That's why I'm making this final  post on the matter. AGAIN, best of luck to the Tcat players, coaches, parents, staff and everyone involved with that program moving forward. Please accept my humble appology for making a false assumption about what is being taught by the Haywood coaches. Merry Christmas, Happy  new year and hope to see you all in  Cookeville again next year.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...