1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

9 minutes ago, cornerback10 said:

Huntingdon has become such a joke

on this website that nobody will take them serious. 

You hate to see it 

Making jokes about Huntingdon is easy, going there and winning is not. Your correct, we've all undermined the quality of Cville's best win. No disrespect to LC whom I have much respect for, but Huntingdon was y'all toughest opponent 

Edited by wildcat89
  • Like 1

I think both teams resume speaks fairly even. If I had to give one a slight edge then it would be Whitwell.  

Whitwell won on the Creekbank against the perennial class of Class A ball in Trousdale County.

Whitwell won against us twice. And that's not an easy feat to accomplish against Coach Grider especially the playoff win. And SP is a perennial playoff power program as well.

Whitwell just defeated the defending state champs. Who have been back to back to back trips to Cookeville.

Those are 3 fairly dang good programs. No one can argue against it without being flat out wrong. 

I'm not trying to disparage any team or schedule here.  So stay with me.

Cornersville's 3 biggest wins I believe came against Huntingdon, Wayne County and Lake County.

Those are 3 really good wins as well but if I had to tip the scale all I have to do is look up and see the above teams I just mentioned. 

Not looking down on the Huntingdon win. They play as tough a regular season schedule as anyone. But the thing to me is they've done most of their damage in the regular season.  Still a good win. But not as impressive to me as the Whitwell 4 wins against their 3 top opponents. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, wildcat89 said:

Making jokes about Huntingdon is easy, going there and winning is not. Your correct, we've all undermined the quality of Cville's best win. No disrespect to LC whom I have much respect for, but Huntingdon was y'all toughest opponent 

I agree. Let the little fans of the tigers gloom. We will hear from them on Saturday and almost feel bad for the team. I hope they will not make excuses and be happy they were the Tennessee 1st loser in 1A

1 minute ago, Southtowner said:

Cornersville's 3 top wins I listed are a combined 120-87 in playoff history. 

Whitwell's 3 top wins are a combined 204-84 in playoff history.

What does all this mean?  About as much as 99% of whatever anyone else says in this thread. 

Points Per Game Scored:

Cornersville: 40.29 PPG
Whitwell: 43.5 PPG

Points Per Game Allowed:

Cornersville: 4.36 PPG
Whitwell: 10.57 PPG

Opponents Combined Record (keep in mind that Cornersville didn’t play a 10th regular season game due to Lancaster Christian forfeit. 

Cornersville: 72 wins/72 loses
Whitwell: 87 wins/70 loses 

Miles Traveled During Playoffs:

Cornersville: 387
Whitwell: 0