1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

10 minutes ago, wildcat89 said:

If Huntingdon had not been in a 3rd and 44 and Cville's defense hadn't been playing so deep that they let #8 get some running room Huntingdon would have never scored. Just another stat 

I think it was missed tackles not the defense playing 45 yds down field.Because they had plenty of chances to tackle before he scored. 

1 hour ago, WingoVFL said:

Is cornersville a football school or are you guys good at other sports?

In regards to support, we are a football school. In regards to accomplishments, Football school, but we just sent two to state in Cross Country and won second in a chess competition. We tend to be competitive in the district in all sports but fall short in the playoffs. We have a girls soccer but no boys soccer since we don't have enough guys to form a team. Of course we have baseball, softball and basketball  but we also have a swim team and a badminton team but the badminton doesn't play anyone, lol. 

We're a football school. 

20 minutes ago, WingoVFL said:

I’ve seen that! I had no idea that was at cornersville though that’s cool as heck

If I had to guess he will be at the game Saturday. Kid is humble with all of the attention. Deion Sanders even bought him new catcher gear I believe. At least he said he wanted to on Twitter. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DawgRadio said:

In regards to support, we are a football school. In regards to accomplishments, Football school, but we just sent two to state in Cross Country and won second in a chess competition. We tend to be competitive in the district in all sports but fall short in the playoffs. We have a girls soccer but no boys soccer since we don't have enough guys to form a team. Of course we have baseball, softball and basketball  but we also have a swim team and a badminton team but the badminton doesn't play anyone, lol. 

We're a football school. 

Had no idea we had badminton. There are talks of starting up boys soccer either this spring or next, or so I was told.

1 hour ago, horse said:

I think it was missed tackles not the defense playing 45 yds down field.Because they had plenty of chances to tackle before he scored. 

It was defiantly missed tackles but that was the only time during the game that y'all had anybody to reach open field and have a chance, that kid is special when he gets a step or two to work with! This wasn't a bash against Huntingdon, I was just giving my opinion on y'alls game. I don't think anyone on here other than us WC, LC and Cville fans understand how good Huntingdon was this year, after WC played both I had my doubts as to who would win between y'all, it was a classic in my eyes! Very physical and hard fought game! But let me ask you a question, if it had come down to 3rd and 10 on that play, do you think y'all would have scored? 

18 minutes ago, wildcat89 said:

It was defiantly missed tackles but that was the only time during the game that y'all had anybody to reach open field and have a chance, that kid is special when he gets a step or two to work with! This wasn't a bash against Huntingdon, I was just giving my opinion on y'alls game. I don't think anyone on here other than us WC, LC and Cville fans understand how good Huntingdon was this year, after WC played both I had my doubts as to who would win between y'all, it was a classic in my eyes! Very physical and hard fought game! But let me ask you a question, if it had come down to 3rd and 10 on that play, do you think y'all would have scored? 

We didn't on any other 3rd down.but #7 didn't touch it on any other of the 3rd downs either.