1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

36 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

That is true, but from the outside looking in. You have to give credit where credit is due.. Whitwell beat three Really good teams to win the State Championship.. 

Let me ask you a question, GA dominated Al today in most aspect of the game, but Alabama found a way to win. Does that mean Georgia is the better team???  

IMO ( though I dislike AL) they were the better team and did what better teams do. Find A WAY TO WIN!

I don’t like you either, hillbilly. 

26 minutes ago, wildcat89 said:

Was the 8th grade not the only other time they was the fully matured group? Don't have elementary football, although that's a good idea

They played pee wee ball together, I know that, and I know they won their share of peewee championships , If you’re from the valley area you know harvest bowls mean as much as any other bragging rights on football in the area. Gold Balls excluded. (Sequatchie, South Pitt, Bledsoe,Grundy, Whitwell, Marion County/Jasper All have pee wee programs that are connected to their high school programs in some manner, except Grundy who has decided they’re going to compete in a county civil war with one another in almost all sports until high school)If you’re not from the valley area it’s hard to explain, we’re a unique area and spread out just enough that transferring out of a program(teams that cooperate with HS and MS programs)  is rare actually, in this area you could move 30-45 minutes and still attend the same school or program your whole life.      

We all all compete /competed with one another from a young age.   This group as a mature group in their age group never lost in championship play to my knowledge.

Edited by ImaSavage

7 minutes ago, ImaSavage said:

They played pee wee ball together, I know that, and I know they won their share of peewee championships , If you’re from the valley area you know harvest bowls mean as much as any other bragging rights on football in the area. Gold Balls excluded. (Sequatchie, South Pitt, Bledsoe,Grundy, Whitwell, Marion County/Jasper All have pee wee programs that are connected to their high school programs in some manner, except Grundy who has decided they’re going to compete in a county civil war with one another in almost all sports until high school)If you’re not from the valley area it’s hard to explain, we’re a unique area and spread out just enough that transferring out of a program(teams that cooperate with HS and MS programs)  is rare actually, in this area you could move 30-45 minutes and still attend the same school or program your whole life.      

We all all compete /competed with one another from a young age.   This group as a mature group in their age group never lost in championship play to my knowledge.

Well besides in middle school but we won’t talk about that

4 hours ago, wildcat89 said:

Horse, just looking at who all these top 5 or 6 teams in the state return and lose, if y'all don't win it all next year then something's bad wrong, defiantly the preseason favorite. Y'all might want to all get together and have a sit down with Swenson and make sure he knows what y'all expect over there 

Really?How many players you have LC losing?LC played Cornersville tough,defense played well overall except a couple runs up the middle in terrible conditions.And the freshmen LC have are pretty talented as well and should blend in nicely with mostly a LC senior team next year.Same middle school team that only lost to Dyersburg in regular season and beat Huntingdon muddle in a jamboree by about 35 to 40 points.So wouldnt give it to the Stangs yet

Edited by mrbigster