1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

2 minutes ago, wildcat89 said:

You nailed it in this post! I've enjoyed tagging along with y'all and appreciate all the hospitality y'all showed us WC folks standing on yalls side, had a great time talking with the Cville faithful the past few weeks 

Thanks buddy. Wished we could get y’all back on schedule. 

30 minutes ago, cornerback10 said:

I’m sick. I haven’t even been able to watch college football today. 

You shouldn’t be.  Maybe a bit with the clock management at the end. But otherwise, Y’all some dawgs, ain’t no denying that. Wingo an Petty both walked off the field literally with their own blood on their faces.   It was that type of game.  

8 minutes ago, ImaSavage said:

You shouldn’t be.  Maybe a bit with the clock management at the end. But otherwise, Y’all some dawgs, ain’t no denying that. Wingo an Petty both walked off the field literally with their own blood on their faces.   It was that type of game.  

In years past Cornersville was everybody's whipping post. They would always beat us down on the scoreboard but the one thing they couldnt say about us was that we were soft.

• Upvote 1

East next year I believe will be between SP, GB, and Coalfield. West will be Huntingdon, Lake Co, and Cornersville. As of right now I believe it’ll be SP vs Huntingdon but with the way it’s gone the past few years it will be two different teams. SP holds steady with another year for those younger players under their belt, and they’ll probably be my favorite to win the gold. But if GB gets this one certain player, its GB’s. But that’s a long stretch. Expect another good year of football. Congrats to Whitwell! Wow what a fan base.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

East next year I believe will be between SP, GB, and Coalfield. West will be Huntingdon, Lake Co, and Cornersville. As of right now I believe it’ll be SP vs Huntingdon but with the way it’s gone the past few years it will be two different teams. SP holds steady with another year for those younger players under their belt, and they’ll probably be my favorite to win the gold. But if GB gets this one certain player, its GB’s. But that’s a long stretch. Expect another good year of football. Congrats to Whitwell! Wow what a fan base.

Great meeting you today brother 

1 hour ago, sum1uno said:

To my dawg senior players. Very proud of what y’all have done the last 4 years. Y’all have been a pleasure to watch. Keep your heads up. You have your entire life ahead. You have made our community proud and I am just one of many that have enjoyed watching y’all play the game. Much respect from me to y’all. You have taught those young pups behind y’all how it’s done. I’m not calling out any individuals because all of you do it the right way. You play for each other. You left it on the field and that all I, as a fan, can ask. Proud of each one of you. Wish all of y’all much success in the roads you decide to take in life. 

To my tailgating buds....been a sweet ride. See y’all next year  

Go Dawgs!!

Sick for you guys myself... fans and kids alike. It's often said but rarely true that both teams deserved to win, but in this case it absolutely is. I appreciate the way you have supported Cornersville from the time I joined the 'T... classy in defeat, and the same when dominant. Losing a game like today takes a lot out of a true fan, because I know the worst part of your pain isn't felt for yourself, but for the kids you've watched grow into dependable and unselfish young men on the field and off, and because you know that this was the last shot for the group that changed Cornersville football into the foreseeable future. Much respect for your community and fans, as well as that group of young men who took off their Bulldog uni's for the last time today... just remember that they will be back, but they'll be with you in the stands. That's how small town football is, and why I love it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Sick for you guys myself... fans and kids alike. It's often said but rarely true that both teams deserved to win, but in this case it absolutely is. I appreciate the way you have supported Cornersville from the time I joined the 'T... classy in defeat, and the same when dominant. Losing a game like today takes a lot out of a true fan, because I know the worst part of your pain isn't felt for yourself, but for the kids you've watched grow into dependable and unselfish young men on the field and off, and because you know that this was the last shot for the group that changed Cornersville football into the foreseeable future. Much respect for your community and fans, as well as that group of young men who took off their Bulldog uni's for the last time today... just remember that they will be back, but they'll be with you in the stands. That's how small town football is, and why I love it.

Thanks Tradertwo. I’ll always be there for them boys as long as I am able.