1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

1 hour ago, leadfarmer said:

In years past Cornersville was everybody's whipping post. They would always beat us down on the scoreboard but the one thing they couldnt say about us was that we were soft.

( I’m not from there, I did play against them, yearrrsss ago and played college ball with one of their former standouts who was an incredible football player.) Whitwell is kinda like Marion counties (Jasper and South Pitt) red headed step child and been a whipping boy for good teams in this area often, always tough physical teams just not the athletes to compete, it’s really no fault of their own , they’re at a geographical disadvantage in how their county operates with resource allocation and economically considering their distance  an location from I-24 and 399(I think whatever road goes from van buren towards Soddy) 

They haven’t had more then a couple coaches stay more then one year for quite a while and this group of dang good coaches(all of them) that stuck together when a couple of them could be somewhere else making far more money. 

Its good to see games like this, from schools that don’t do this often. Someone’s gotta remind the blue bloods the sun don’t shine on the dogs hind end all day.....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, leadfarmer said:

In years past Cornersville was everybody's whipping post. They would always beat us down on the scoreboard but the one thing they couldnt say about us was that we were soft.

I said it a few weeks back, even when Cville wasn't very good they were going to be tough! Now they're both

6 hours ago, cornerback10 said:

I’m sick. I haven’t even been able to watch college football today. 

I was so laser focused on this matchup, the intensity in which it was played, along with how it all unfolded, that I completely forgot about college football yesterday.  

I believe I just watched one of the best title games I've seen in a very long time.

On top of that, half of myself is so jubilant while the other half of me is heartbroken.  

Regardless of what I've witnessed, coupled with the raw and contrasting emotions that I feel inside, the Sun is fixing to rise and above all else, the Good Lord is Good all the time.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, ImaSavage said:

( I’m not from there, I did play against them, yearrrsss ago and played college ball with one of their former standouts who was an incredible football player.) Whitwell is kinda like Marion counties (Jasper and South Pitt) red headed step child and been a whipping boy for good teams in this area often, always tough physical teams just not the athletes to compete, it’s really no fault of their own , they’re at a geographical disadvantage in how their county operates with resource allocation and economically considering their distance  an location from I-24 and 399(I think whatever road goes from van buren towards Soddy) 

They haven’t had more then a couple coaches stay more then one year for quite a while and this group of dang good coaches(all of them) that stuck together when a couple of them could be somewhere else making far more money. 

Its good to see games like this, from schools that don’t do this often. Someone’s gotta remind the blue bloods the sun don’t shine on the dogs hind end all day.....

Coach prior to Coach Boldin helped get Whitwell squared away and started getting them stronger schedules.  Boldin continued and built upon that the past 2 years. 

9 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Don’t take it personal coach. 

Not at all... Malone didnt set the schedule up to benefit the Tigers... Its just worked out that way... TC before SP?? I mean what Coach that planned to stick around would do that??  Schedule got set... And he was off to his next gig.... Malone should never be associated with reviving this program... That's a joke...

Edited by TigerfootballFan

4 minutes ago, TigerfootballFan said:

Not at all... Malone didnt set the schedule up to benefit the Tigers... Its just worked out that way... TC before SP?? I mean what Coach that planned to stick around would do that??  Schedule got set... And he was off to his next gig.... Malone should never be associated with reviving this program... That's a joke...

I will have to say your team was better from the year before he took over.  So he in fact did help improve the program. 

2 hours ago, TigerfootballFan said:

Malone?? Lmao.... Yea right...

That wasn't a dig at you personally.  Go look at the schedule and outcome factoring in the coaches the past 15 years and get back to me on it.   Tigers didn't have a decent season since 2003.

Edited by rlh

3 hours ago, rlh said:

Coach prior to Coach Boldin helped get Whitwell squared away and started getting them stronger schedules.  Boldin continued and built upon that the past 2 years. 

From what I understand he didn’t do much other then make the locals angry.  I’m not denying he was a good coach who helped some, but the ones who stuck around deserve  all the credit.