1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

7 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I'm not surprised at the injuries that came about in this game or the other championship games.  Not so much that it's football but that Cookeville Concrete these kids play on. 

That surface is very unforgiving.  

Like the old Lincoln Financial turf 

**or Veterans Field to be correct 

Edited by cornerback10

I don't know about who was the better team or not.  Both teams were fairly even in my view. Whitwell, Cornersville, South Pittsburg, Greenback and Huntingdon were all narrowly close.  It was a very good season for the fans coming down the stretch.  

When was the last time if any that we can say 5 teams were so close?  That's why winning it this year is so special and not winning it is so heartbreaking. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I don't know about who was the better team or not.  Both teams were fairly even in my view. Whitwell, Cornersville, South Pittsburg, Greenback and Huntingdon were all narrowly close.  It was a very good season for the fans coming down the stretch.  

When was the last time if any that we can say 5 teams were so close?  That's why winning it this year is so special and not winning it is so heartbreaking. 

Well said 

They are adding a new category of stats.  Never since Touchdown Jesus made an appearance at Boyd in the playoffs has this much magic been seen by a team.  The category is going to be called "Magic Moves."   On a separate note, Whitwuhl is considering changing their mascot to the Pinball Wizards.

10 minutes ago, Tnfootball1234 said:

LC means nothing to me. Petty was the best player on the field he is what put Whitwell over the top. 

12 carries for 50 yards with 36 yards coming on one run.

2 receptions for 18 yards. 

2 completions for 18 yards and one TD.

There were several top players on the field Saturday for both teams. #31 wasn't head and shoulders above everyone else out there.

The Whitwell D was a huge part of the win and #4 was involved on almost every big defensive play. If I was picking teams after watching that game #22 would be the first player taken.

• Like 1