1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

10 minutes ago, Tnfootball1234 said:

LC means nothing to me. Petty was the best player on the field he is what put Whitwell over the top. 

Maybe.  Maybe not. That could most likely be debated. But I won't take anything away from one side or individual and give it to another.

I will say Cornersville played as cohesively as any team I've seen play in quite sometime. 

24 minutes ago, Salem said:

12 carries for 50 yards with 36 yards coming on one run.

2 receptions for 18 yards. 

2 completions for 18 yards and one TD.

There were several top players on the field Saturday for both teams. #31 wasn't head and shoulders above everyone else out there.

The Whitwell D was a huge part of the win and #4 was involved on almost every big defensive play. If I was picking teams after watching that game #22 would be the first player taken.

31 had 16 tackles too! The thing about him is he can play anywhere at a high level. 

Edited by StewieG73

32 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Maybe.  Maybe not. That could most likely be debated. But I won't take anything away from one side or individual and give it to another.

I will say Cornersville played as cohesively as any team I've seen play in quite sometime. 

Cville looked good,just one of those things!

2 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

They looked cohesive.  Like a colony of ants. Prolly bad analogy but I've always been fascinated and impressed as to how well a colony of ants work so well together and the sacrifices they make as a whole for the main goal. 

They were impressive the way they worked together. I agree with you. They were a gritty bunch. It just wasn’t in the cards for them this year. The same as the rest of us. 

4 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

They looked cohesive.  Like a colony of ants. Prolly bad analogy but I've always been fascinated and impressed as to how well a colony of ants work so well together and the sacrifices they make as a whole for the main goal. 

Until your weed eating on the side of a hill and they bite the piss out of your feet.lol

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheAmbassador said:

They were impressive the way they worked together. I agree with you. They were a gritty bunch. It just wasn’t in the cards for them this year. The same as the rest of us. 

Unbelievable overall play from them in what we seen a couple years ago when they came to the Beene.  But we all knew then they had a special group.

1 minute ago, orngnblk said:

Until your weed eating on the side of a hill and they bite the piss out of your feet.lol

I walked down to the lake a few weeks back when the leaves first started falling.  I heard an unusual rustling in and around some leaves.  There were red army ants on the march.  On the outside of their marching line ever so often they have the bigger soldier ant looking out for any thing that could be an enemy of the colony.  If anything obstructed their path they would signal up a group to move the obstacle and continue their onward march. They don't veer off course.  

17 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I walked down to the lake a few weeks back when the leaves first started falling.  I heard an unusual rustling in and around some leaves.  There were red army ants on the march.  On the outside of their marching line ever so often they have the bigger soldier ant looking out for any thing that could be an enemy of the colony.  If anything obstructed their path they would signal up a group to move the obstacle and continue their onward march. They don't veer off course.  

Thats cool!

7 hours ago, leadfarmer said:

Bahahaha. I won't share it on here but I'll share a coaching moment from Coach Van with you. Looking back it was mean as he!! but pretty dadgum smart.

He is a great man and coach I have a few good stories  lol 

Edited by Bull02
  • Upvote 1