1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

59 minutes ago, TheBigDawg said:

I know, and I appreciate your level headed response. It’s a tough pill to take knowing our gold ball sits in the losing team’s trophy case. There were so many missed calls and botched calls in that game. When the outcome of a game is determined by refs, everyone wonders what should have been.  Whitwell will always know that trophy is undeserved, even their fans said so as they left the stadium, and we will always be the team that “lost” the game.  I’m sorry you had to experience the same helpless feeling of being robbed.

I watched the game.What part was stolen?No dog in the fight but what do you and the Tennessean say??

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

I watched the game.What part was stolen?No dog in the fight but what do you and the Tennessean say??

There are literally too many things to mention. Numerous big plays the Bulldogs made were negated for imagined penalties while Whitwell got away with a blatant horse collar that would have set up a potential winning play. The need for such a play would not have been necessary if the second Bulldog touchdown had not been robbed. Also, Whitwell’s crazy decision to go on 4th down failed, yet the officials spotted them a full yard or more to get them a 1st down. That should have set the Dawgs up with a 1st and Goal and a likely 20-0 lead if the previous score hadn’t been stolen. There was so much wrong with the officiating in this game that it gives the strong appearance of fraud.

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, TheBigDawg said:

There are literally too many things to mention. Numerous big plays the Bulldogs made were negated for imagined penalties while Whitwell got away with a blatant horse collar that would have set up a potential winning play. The need for such a play would not have been necessary if the second Bulldog touchdown had not been robbed. Also, Whitwell’s crazy decision to go on 4th down failed, yet the officials spotted them a full yard or more to get them a 1st down. That should have set the Dawgs up with a 1st and Goal and a likely 20-0 lead if the previous score hadn’t been stolen. There was so much wrong with the officiating in this game that it gives the strong appearance of fraud.

Thx

6 minutes ago, TheBigDawg said:

Wow gonna be calling for a revote next. Never heard the excuses in my life. Cornersville played a great game but didn’t capitalize, Whitwell taking the wind in the 2nd and the Cornersville taking it in the 3rd and not 4th made the biggest difference in the game. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TN225 said:

Wow gonna be calling for a revote next. Never heard the excuses in my life. Cornersville played a great game but didn’t capitalize, Whitwell taking the wind in the 2nd and the Cornersville taking it in the 3rd and not 4th made the biggest difference in the game. 

Calling out fraud is not the same as making excuses. Why should we roll over and take it without saying a word?

15 minutes ago, TheBigDawg said:

I forgot all about that, I was wondering why they didn’t measure that spot, it was to close not too, but yet again the refs weren’t gonna allow that to happen.  

5 minutes ago, TheBigDawg said:

Calling out fraud is not the same as making excuses. Why should we roll over and take it without saying a word?

Making up crazy acquisitions is. Pitts posters didn’t cry fraud either time, Greenback didn’t in the semifinals. If the game traumatized you that much please step away from the computer and find your safe spot.   

• Like 1

Making up crazy acquisitions is. Pitts posters didn’t cry fraud either time, Greenback didn’t in the semifinals. If the game traumatized you that much please step away from the computer and find your safe spot.   

You are utilizing a common debate tactic by making this about me instead of the game.  Instead of trying to be an amateur psychiatrist, stick to debating the points I have made. 

4 minutes ago, TheBigDawg said:

You are utilizing a common debate tactic by making this about me instead of the game.  Instead of trying to be an amateur psychiatrist, stick to debating the points I have made. 

The points are the same ones you have been crying about since the game. @WingoVFL showed the pictures. I don’t think USA Today doctored those photos. You keep crying horse collar but watch the replay, his hands are inside the jersey and doesn’t pull the runner backwards. Both of which have to happen for a horse collar to be called. Two things you can do, accept it and move on knowing as Whitwell does that your team fought tooth and nail and did something your school has never done before this group of seniors or keep crying about how life is unfair, if it’s that bad tell the school to send the silver ball back and pull a UCF and claim an imaginary title

The points are the same ones you have been crying about since the game. @WingoVFL showed the pictures. I don’t think USA Today doctored those photos. You keep crying horse collar but watch the replay, his hands are inside the jersey and doesn’t pull the runner backwards. Both of which have to happen for a horse collar to be called. Two things you can do, accept it and move on knowing as Whitwell does that your team fought tooth and nail and did something your school has never done before this group of seniors or keep crying about how life is unfair, if it’s that bad tell the school to send the silver ball back and pull a UCF and claim an imaginary title

WingoVFL’s pictures might mean more to me if they would have called penalties fairly. Whitwell got away with stuff all game while our team was called for penalties both real and imagined. No one will ever convince me this game was officiated fairly. Your UCF idea isn’t as bad as it sounds. We know we have the better team and so does Whitwell.