1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

42 minutes ago, Thevalleytruth said:

IMO whitwell does not go on the road to s Pitt and greenback in the playoffs and still make it to the finals.

CB... Why you so salty? Whitwell won a gold  ball... Plain and simple... They made plays when it mattered.. We can play the IMO game all day... But the Fact is... Whitwell is 2018 Class 1A state champ...

11 hours ago, TheBigDawg said:

I know, and I appreciate your level headed response. It’s a tough pill to take knowing our gold ball sits in the losing team’s trophy case. There were so many missed calls and botched calls in that game. When the outcome of a game is determined by refs, everyone wonders what should have been.  Whitwell will always know that trophy is undeserved, even their fans said so as they left the stadium, and we will always be the team that “lost” the game.  I’m sorry you had to experience the same helpless feeling of being robbed.

Your ears must have been stopped up from the rain because no one from Whitwell would  have said that because we watched the same game you did and felt our boys played one heck of a game.   My family and I stayed at the same hotel as some Cornersville fans and we talked to many of them.  We all joked and got along well saying how we hated that it had to be either of us that had to lose because we were both from such similar backgrounds.  Maybe IF you heard anything at all, it was in relation to that.  But only that.  Our QB was playroom two badly sprained ankles, one is in a brace and the other in a boot.  He shouthave been pulled sooner, there were calls that were and weren’t made on both sides that should and shouldn’t have been but at the end of the day, one team won and one didn’t .  The scoreboard said Tigers 7 Cornersville 6 at the end of the game and that’s what counts. 

On another note,  Dunlap supported our team going to the game and come home from it as well so you’d be hard pressed right now to find anyone that wouldn’t support them from our town.  It meant a great deal to our guys. 

Edited by TrellBlazer
Misspelled a few words

7 hours ago, TheBigDawg said:

This was our year and it was stolen. I’m not saying the refs were paid, but it was obvious they had an interest in seeing Whitwell win. I will never congratulate them on a fraudulent victory. Letting that go and moving on to next year is hard. It will take more time than a week.

Please explain exactly why the refs had an “Interest” in seeing Whitwell win? You have “officially” lost it.

12 hours ago, TheBigDawg said:

There are literally too many things to mention. Numerous big plays the Bulldogs made were negated for imagined penalties while Whitwell got away with a blatant horse collar that would have set up a potential winning play. The need for such a play would not have been necessary if the second Bulldog touchdown had not been robbed. Also, Whitwell’s crazy decision to go on 4th down failed, yet the officials spotted them a full yard or more to get them a 1st down. That should have set the Dawgs up with a 1st and Goal and a likely 20-0 lead if the previous score hadn’t been stolen. There was so much wrong with the officiating in this game that it gives the strong appearance of fraud.

animated_1544173225389001_1544173237226.gif

• Like 1