1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

6 hours ago, Thevalleytruth said:

If you score on the drive that ended at the 1 then you would have only had one opportunity to score the whole game. the only reason you had a chance to score the one you did is bc your defense made a great stand and forced a punt which was a very bad one and you only had to go 20 yards.  So don’t act like the offense was moving up and down the field at will giving themselves scoring chances like c’ville did. Whitwells defense was bend but don’t break and made big plays at the right time

What??? Redone is 20 in my friend... Whitwell was in it 3 times and only scored once... So yes Whitwell could have scored more times but once again credit CV D. Same can be said on the other side... CV was in the red zone multiple times and didnt punch it in as well.  I'll say it again so you can hear me... CV shut us down offensively..

1 hour ago, TigerfootballFan said:

What??? Redone is 20 in my friend... Whitwell was in it 3 times and only scored once... So yes Whitwell could have scored more times but once again credit CV D. Same can be said on the other side... CV was in the red zone multiple times and didnt punch it in as well.  I'll say it again so you can hear me... CV shut us down offensively..

Man you don’t understand what happens after you score a td. If you scored on the drive that was stopped at the one then you would have kicked it off, right. So the second trip in red zone after the punt would have never happened. I don’t recall a third time unless it was after the int and y’all lost yards all the way back to the 50 then punted.  And your defense gave up a ton of yards and only 6 points. Bend but don’t break. It’s not pretty but effective. I would rather be called dominated statically and winners. Y’all want to have it both ways. Just be proud you can call yourself champions. Like I said before I am proud of how your kids never gave up which put them in position to win at the end. 

Edited by Thevalleytruth
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Thevalleytruth said:

Man you don’t understand what happens after you score a td. If you scored on the drive that was stopped at the one then you would have kicked it off, right. So the second trip in red zone after the punt would have never happened. I don’t recall a third time unless it was after the int and y’all lost yards all the way back to the 50 then punted.  And your defense gave up a ton of yards and only 6 points. Bend but don’t break. It’s not pretty but effective. I would rather be called dominated statically and winners. Y’all want to have it both ways. Just be proud you can call yourself champions. Like I said before I am proud of how your kids never gave up which put them in position to win at the end. 

Haha! Ok bud.

Finally watched the second half. 

C'Ville started 3rd as continued, running thru Whitwell, but they needed positiv yards every play, as soon as they had a bobble or slip, it forced 3rd and long. Drives stalled. 

Refs were not good. One Cornersville holding call was non existent. In championship games, I say let em play. I'd rather see refs letting stuff go on both sides than calling flags every other play. Ruins the play.

Cornersville's clock management the last 90 seconds was criminal. Using your last timeout with 3 seconds left 23 yards from the endzone going against the wind. How on earth does a dominant season come down to that. Arrest warrants shouldve been issued. 

Mindboggling game. Total yards, time of possession, i mean, Cville had that game won 50x and still lost it. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I know in the LC/ Cornersville game the Bulldogs were not called for a holding call all night. Karma is all I can say because they held twice on their touchdown runs that went uncalled. Just watch Hudl. Anyway great game to both Whitwell and Cornersviile.

I’ve enjoyed Cornersville making you a disappointed poster the last (2) November’s.

Take your last (2) losses like a man.

• Upvote 1

You can watch any football game and pick out one of the 9-10 guys blocking on every play and deem it holding. It's up to the refs to keep the calls consistent for both teams for the duration of the game.  Many, many posts are in the bigger school threads complaining about the refs calling everything in the 4th quarter of the championship games after letting them play for three quarters.

The Cornersville players did not block differently on their last drive than they did on the game's opening drive. You can't call everything in the final minutes of a game on one team and miss a blatant personal foul on the other team in the final minute and not expect criticism. It's bad when the only defense of a badly officiated game is they were terrible for us too. Maybe, but they were very good to you when it mattered most.