1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

10 minutes ago, Salem said:

You can watch any football game and pick out one of the 9-10 guys blocking on every play and deem it holding. It's up to the refs to keep the calls consistent for both teams for the duration of the game.  Many, many posts are in the bigger school threads complaining about the refs calling everything in the 4th quarter of the championship games after letting them play for three quarters.

The Cornersville players did not block differently on their last drive than they did on the game's opening drive. You can't call everything in the final minutes of a game on one team and miss a blatant personal foul on the other team in the final minute and not expect criticism. It's bad when the only defense of a badly officiated game is they were terrible for us too. Maybe, but they were very good to you when it mattered most.

I had a coach explain it to me best in college...

Simply put, that's why we prepare to put ourselves in positions where you don't give referees the ability to take the game into their hands, because the outcome is never certain. .    

49 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Oh. I have was just pointing out that a team with no holding calls the week before all the sudden has 5 running the same plays. Lol

Yep. We held our way to a 27-2 record over the last 2 years. If we held so much, you figured it would have affected us more in the win-loss column. Surely 1 of the 29 officiating crews would have caught on. 

'Twas a great game.  SP and GB had their opportunities to derail Whitwell and Huntingdon along with Lake County had their shot at Cornersville. Those teams failed to get the job done.  The 2 most deserving teams met up. Someone was gonna walk away disappointed.  It's better to have gone and been disappointed than not going at all. 

Both teams went to the big dance. For one it's the top of the world. For one it'll always be painful. Such is life. But who on the Cornersville's side would have given up the chance had they known the outcome beforehand?  Or anyone for that matter?  Not me. 

• Like 1