1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

Just now, Southtowner said:

I was hoping to fare a lot better against them the 2nd time around. Coach Grider put together a great game plan and the boys executed it really well.  We just gave up that TD on the last play of the first half and then that one really late in the 4th that tied it up.  I do believe had we had won that Greenback might very well be sitting in Cookeville but no one really knows. We would have had a shot at least. All you can ask or hope for.

No one will ever know but I still think Greenback was the best team in 1a. They really dominated the game but just give up a few huge plays.

Just now, WingoVFL said:

Yea cause on our scoring we had two 50+ yard runs by Wingo and then the next play was a score, GBs plan was to slow the game down 

Could be wrong but I highly doubt Greenback wanted to slow the game. They actually killed themselves dropping passes.

Just now, WingoVFL said:

They literally took the entire 2nd or 3rd Quarter by running the ball 

After dropping the passes I guess they got gun shy. Was a really fun game to listen to. I was on the edge of my seat.  My puter went out at 11 seconds. When it came back you guys must have got about a 10 yard gain and kicked a field goal.