1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

11 minutes ago, WingoVFL said:

I’ll make a video of the holding they was doing on 3 every play when they ran a toss and post it, accept the L and move it’s life. Or are you going to be like Clinton supporters and say #NotMyChampion 

You’re bringing up us holding because we’re bringing up y’all holding lol y’all won. Congrats. Was 3 also the one with the horsecollar at the end up the game? Also the Clinton comparison was terrible, this ain’t college football and UCF. Congrats on the victory, you shouldn’t care what everyone else has to say. Whitwell proved they belong, but this post doesn’t show much class

For all those people that think the “better team won”. Better teams don’t got for it on 4th down inside their own 15 trailing by 6 in the second quarter. Hats off to Whitwell, but they didn’t even think they were the better team.

Who knows how this game plays out without poor weather, but the weather definitely favored Cornersville. Not taking the wind is kinda silly as it doesn’t allow for throwing by one team in the fourth. Either you are winning and you don’t need the win, or losing and you need to throw. 

It was also egregious that you only only get two plays as the clock ticks under 1 minute. 

Whitwell made plays to win and Cornersville constantly played to not lose.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RidinSplinters said:

For all those people that think the “better team won”. Better teams don’t got for it on 4th down inside their own 15 trailing by 6 in the second quarter. Hats off to Whitwell, but they didn’t even think they were the better team.

Who knows how this game plays out without poor weather, but the weather definitely favored Cornersville. Not taking the wind is kinda silly as it doesn’t allow for throwing by one team in the fourth. Either you are winning and you don’t need the win, or losing and you need to throw. 

It was also egregious that you only only get two plays as the clock ticks under 1 minute. 

Better team won scooter, 7-6.    

It’s exactly what I thought, Whitwell was the more battled team, good teams win games, Great teams all of them, even when the stat sheet suggest otherwise.

2 minutes ago, RidinSplinters said:

Agree 100%. Like I said the whitwell play calling was head scratching. The coaches basically said we don’t have a clue so just go wildcat and see what happens. And the clock management at the end by c’ville was just as bad as the play calling by whitwell.