1A Championship Cornersville vs Whitwell

TheBigDawg

4 minutes ago, cornerback10 said:

You’re still commenting on a high school football website when your team hasn’t played in 15 days. 

Go out and get some sunlight, maybe get a job. Mom and dad are wanting to retire and you won’t become a productive member of society.

All I ask is that you don’t take this loss and your refusal to admit that your team was inferior out on your family tonight..

Remember it’s not their fault!!! I’m sure snoballs will be there if you need to talk to a friend!!

4 hours ago, MustangNation448 said:

Dont matter if you got top talent if they dont get to play lol we would beat Peabody for sure just talk your town into bringing the game back or you must of forgot all the times we whooped yall an they took us off schedule!! Lol

3 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Yeah wrong again, PHS program isnt the one you hamg your lil hat on all them moons ago !! Peabody.mud stomped the Ponies last game !!! You are correct though,I dont get your coach  !!!

Whats this dude smoking Pride? There is no way Huntingdon would beat Peabody! 

Congrats to Whitwell it sounded like a great game on the radio. The game could have went either way.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Not too many people do like them. They are probably the only high school that will hold on to a lose all year long haha. It’s just high school ball ya know... we lost to Gc I could care less at this point and really didn’t think much about that loss after other than we played bad. 

There are some Huntingdon posters that aint worth a crap and give the rest of them a bad rep.

So much animosity on here tonight. No doubt Cornersville had the overall better performance today on paper. But that’s why you play the game, because what’s on paper doesn’t necessarily matter once the whistle blows. Congrats Cornersville on a heck of year! Nothing to hang your heads about. You guys have had an impressive two seasons. I’ll take playing in Cookeville & getting a silver ball over hitting the hardwood anyday. You guys had every opportunity in the world to put this game away but couldn’t capitalize. Gotta give credit to Whitwell for making the plays when it mattered most... I have to throw this in there, but after watching both the 1A & 2A games this week, idk how anyone says that Cornersville or Whitwell beats Peabody.. Many people said after the 2A game that Cville & Whitwell would wipe the floor with Peabody & Trousdale. I was not impressed today. I know all 4 of these teams didn’t play their best ball but if you wanna crown a champion in “Class A” it has to go to Peabody. Congrats to all 4 of those teams for making it to the dance. 

25 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

All I ask is that you don’t take this loss and your refusal to admit that your team was inferior out on your family tonight..

Remember it’s not their fault!!! I’m sure snoballs will be there if you need to talk to a friend!!

The Tigers did that 4th Qtr thing 4 times this year in big games, the last 3 in a row.

Just now, rlh said:

The Tigers did that 4th Qtr thing 4 times this year in big games, the last 3 in a row.

Like the best team in the state would do..

All three teams that Whitwell beat were excellent teams and could of / should of beat them, but like great teams do, they found a way to win... 

They deserved this title and they were the better team! 

1 hour ago, Gbnation said:

Yeah right! You can’t say nothing about what we get with what you all are getting this coming year. What’s funny is that it was some of the SP posters doing the talking about it lol. 

Atta boy! Don’t let him lie to you, lol, Coach Grider is the best coach in the valley area,I don’t care who his kids are , or where they’re from, kids want to play for him, and if they’re willing to make sacrifices and journey to better themselves academically and athletically at SP High they should be allowed to do so.  The only time I’ve ever seen SP struggle in my life ( like losing season struggle), was 2004.   An incredibly young team with limited true senior leadership that is displayed on all successful SP teams but even in some of the less talented SP Teams, and apparently everyone but Whitwell got revenge on them that year 

The very next year the program was back, like 04 never happened.

10 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Like the best team in the state would do..

All three teams that Whitwell beat were excellent teams and could of / should of beat them, but like great teams do, they found a way to win... 

They deserved this title and they were the better team! 

Just to clarify, I am referring to 1A when I am talking about the best team in the State!!

2 minutes ago, ImaSavage said:

Atta boy! Don’t let him lie to you, lol, Coach Grider is the best coach in the valley area,I don’t care who his kids are , or where they’re from, kids want to play for him, and if they’re willing to make sacrifices and journey to better themselves academically and athletically at SP High they should be allowed to do so.  The only time I’ve ever seen SP struggle in my life ( like losing season struggle), was 2004.   An incredibly young team with limited true senior leadership that is displayed on all successful SP teams but even in some of the less talented SP Teams, and apparently everyone but Whitwell got revenge on them that year 

The very next year the program was back, like 04 never happened.

I agree, if kids want to play for a better program that’s fine with me. If they put the work in and do it the right way more power to them. I just hope we can compete with you guys.