2A Championship Trousdale Co vs. Peabody

FightingBlue0

2 minutes ago, Grizzly478 said:

i think this shows just how close the top 5-6 teams in 2A were this year. Peabody is definitely the best, but i think any of the three teams from the east would have given them a game. The same thing could be said about the west as well. 

I agree. Peabody, Waverly, Full strength CA, Meigs, Watertown, and Trousdale were all very close to each other this year

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Grizzly478 said:

i think this shows just how close the top 5-6 teams in 2A were this year. Peabody is definitely the best, but i think any of the three teams from the east would have given them a game. The same thing could be said about the west as well. 

I believe that is a spot on observation!

55 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

You haven’t been paying attention then.. I have never heard anyone say they had a high power offense...  They have always been a power offense ( against good defensive competition) three to four yards a carry. ( No frills / nothing special) 

They have relied on their defense and today that just wasn’t enough! 

This is team as old school as it gets these days.. I can’t stand em, but congrats TC on good season.. 

How many points did they average this year per game. 

Well we didn’t bring our ‘A’-game today, that happens at times. It was good to hear our D held opposing foe to 54yrd on the ground, & out rushedm’ 60/70yrds, thoughts...we gave too much cushion in 2ndary.. Great yr TC!  Proud of ya.  Congratulations again G-Tide. It sure would be nice to go head to head at another time (maybe next yr).  Enjoy & welcome to the ‘Multiple gold ball club’. 

10 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

How many points did they average this year per game. 

Again that statistic will be misleading due to TC playing in a very weak region with the exception of H2O. 

You can can throw the Tyner score out as well due to them being highly overrated. Meigs was really good offensively, but I think their defense had some issues with TC’s physical style of play. ( not taking anything away from Meigs) 

What you seen tonight is what TC does, but they usually do it better..  Hats off to Peabody who took it to a physical TC team!

Edited by H2Oman

1 minute ago, H2Oman said:

Again that statistic will be misleading due to TC playing in a very weak region with the exception of H2O. 

You can can throw the Tyner score out as well due to them being highly overrated. Meigs was really good offensively, but I think their defense had some issues with TC’s physical style of play. ( not taking anything away from Meigs) 

What you seen tonight is what TC does, but they usually do it better..  Hats off to Peabody who took it to a physical TC team!

Man all I hear Is how tough the east is. The number 1,2 and 3 team Trousdale went through. Plz.  Anyone in the east can spin it how they want. Gold back west and in region 7. Good game by TC. I still believe Watertown was better than TC. But y’all still not region 7. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Trollin said:

Don’t know how this game will end. Not sure I can pick a Winner. Still sick over my Waverly Tigers losing to Peabody.

Both these teams are very similar. They run similar offenses and have similar athletes. I believe that Peabody has the edge due to their over all size and I believe their defense is better.

Trousdale will give them a run for their money and will try to keep Peabody confused with formations and personnel. 

I have heard from a coach who beat Trousdale that told me he basically threw scheme out the window and in order to stop Trousdale they basically had the entire defense key the QB in order to stop them. 

Interested how this one will go. I think whoever wins this game wins by getting stops on defense. Whoever can make explosive plays on offense wins the game! 

PS I love Keller’s Restaurant. I’m working in the area and eat there most every night! 

Hey Trollin. Better keep that wood burning stove full tonight in the hills of Trousdale County!

Edited by RunPassOption

Just now, BigEdMo said:

Man all I hear Is how tough the east is. The number 1,2 and 3 team Trousdale went through. Plz.  Anyone in the east can spin it how they want. Gold back west and in region 7. Good game by TC. I still believe Watertown was better than TC. But y’all still not region 7. 

Not spinning anything ( no need too)

As for H2O being better than TC. I agree we would be most of the time, but unfortunately TC outplayed us and beat us the one time they had too. No excuses!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Meigs, Watertown, and TC all 3 play different style of football. I can tell you any of the 3 would give Peabody problems because Peabody secondary would have trouble with Meigs QB and with H2O WR Price than the kid was a grown man playing with kids. The Gold ball is at Peabody not out west. The west won nothing Peabody see the champions they don't split it with their region or with the west.

14 minutes ago, RTD said:

Meigs, Watertown, and TC all 3 play different style of football. I can tell you any of the 3 would give Peabody problems because Peabody secondary would have trouble with Meigs QB and with H2O WR Price than the kid was a grown man playing with kids. The Gold ball is at Peabody not out west. The west won nothing Peabody see the champions they don't split it with their region or with the west.

No Peabody is from the west. And they are region 7. The only lost was against a region 7 team. Not wanting to split it. It is all theirs and glad for them. And all the if’s you stayed. Well I will Answer like I always Do. IF my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle.  Good job though by the east. Congrats on a good year.