2A Championship Trousdale Co vs. Peabody

FightingBlue0

8 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Just because one sees something differently doesn't make them a hater. Yall won. Congratulations.  

ST, everybody knows that you are the MAN on the T! You support your pirates but at the same time you call out good teams as you see them! The real “T” posters know who you are, but the “fake T” posters who only show up 1 time don’t understand how much of an asset you are to this website! You are the man and we (from watertown) appreciate what you provide to the 1A and 2A threads. Keep doing what you do. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Golddoctor said:

You and your team was sitting in the warm and dry media rooms at your house watching this terrible Championship game.  I would rather have a bad game in Cookeville than be at home watching it.  Please, give us a break.  Both teams made each other look bad.  Oh by the way, Did not TC beat you guys.  Just hush man.  Shut your trap.  Get over it.  Try again next year.

You’re right, we did lose to TC and was sitting at home..  You are also right, both teams made each other bad!

Now I am right when I say your fan base are obnoxious pr***! You guys are acting like you had your way with TC and that didn’t happen!

I’ve been reading all your posters talk about how unrealistic TC fans are ( I agree) but you guys are just like them..

You won the Gold Ball, but by no means did you stomp TC.. Quit acting like it...

By the way we beat TC too, but never lost to team like Gibson County on our own homecoming..  

• Upvote 1

A lot of stuff said was just trash talk for the fun of it, but at the end of the day a win is a win no matter how ugly it is. 

I think the problem with some of us is that we are a bit butt hurt. It’s ok get another team bring them back and try it again.

ik trousdale was tougher competition nobody would say different because we are in the state game made it for a reason and we all would have been disappointed if it had ended like the Greeneville game. We saw a defensive battle that lasted 4 quarters.

what I saw was the Peabody team that played Gibson County in the first half. Same score at half too 10-7 the defense just didn’t let that second touchdown happen. That in turn let the offense get a quick pass mid third quarter. I believe that loss helped them play through the second half to squeak out the win.

Enjoyed it and it was my first State Championship game I attended.

Roll Tide now let the basketball begin!

Edited by PHSRollTide

TC is the best team Peabody played except for Milan.Both teams defense were awesome. Injurings part of game,you are not going to make it to championship game without players having injuring .As for 2a not being as good as 1a, could've been true for years.I remember when Union City was in 1a they dominated, when they got to 2a they did the same.i really believed the two best teams played in championship game.I think either team could of won.It just happen Peabody won when it counted the most.I really think both teams showed the other teams weakness. From a fan I really enjoyed watching these young men from both teams represent their towns well. CONGRATULATIONS to all young men on both teams for the great football they played this year!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Grizzly478 said:

The peabody team that played today gets beat by Watertown and meigs as well, Meigs QB would have been the best player on the field against peabody. Peabody acts like they just won by 50 and i don’t understand why they think they absolutely dominated this game, yes they won and they deserve all of the credit and recognition that comes their way but this talk about how they are superior to every other team in the state (particularlythe east) is abysmal.

Where is Meigs & Watertown? Oh I forgot they were doing school work yesterday... 

6 hours ago, Golddoctor said:

The Gold proves it hater.  Meigs and H20 got beat by the team we just beat.  Our D line would have taken care of Meigs.  We will never know this but it's all good hater.  We have the hardware. Ha Ha

You are so wrong, Meigs has one of the best O lines in 2A if you watch some film you can see that. TC fans said Swafford would be running for he’s life in fact he had all day to pass some times. They have the best passing game in 2A this year. And could have beaten either team I saw yesterday. 

Peabody,TC, Meigs, H2O, Waverly, could play multiple times a have a different outcome each time, but for now Peabody is the best team in 2A followed closely by TC. We will be having the same conversation next year about the same teams IMO. Congratulations to Peabody.