6A Championship Oakland v. Whitehaven

MidTennFootball

Who wins?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Oakland
    • Whitehaven

53 minutes ago, kwc said:

Ballhawks galore. Ours are spread out amount 7 or 8 guys, I'm not sure off the top of my head. Something like 2 LBs and the rest are DBs. For some reason I've been keeping up with that particular stat. I have no clue on the number of fumbles recovered. I think we've thrown 5 INTs on the season, if that. I'm not sure about the exact #  but it isn't a lot, especially compared to the number of TD passes thrown. On the regular season WH had completed 24 TD passes. I'm not sure how many in the post season ... Perhaps 10 I think. I'll check to see how accurate that number is though.

We have a 6 and a 5. The other 8 are spread out. Guess who has NONE??

Woodi Washington!! He’s had about 4-5 balls thrown at him all year and has just turned them away. It’s a pretty deceiving stat. 

48 minutes ago, AlwaysAPatriot said:

We have a 6 and a 5. The other 8 are spread out. Guess who has NONE??

Woodi Washington!! He’s had about 4-5 balls thrown at him all year and has just turned them away. It’s a pretty deceiving stat. 

Does Woodi play one side of the D or does he follow the opposing team's stud regardless of what side the receiver lines up on? Either way, Woodi might see some action come his way because if Woodi is defending Keveon one on one in man coverage ... Balls will be thrown to Keveon. Woodi is going to Oaklahoma and Keveon is going to S. Carolina. SEC against the Big 12. How big is Woodi?

Edited by kwc

fellas lookin at the actual play......... the call is correct..... never looked for the ball.... discipline ! Discipline ! Discipline !  And sound football! Think I’m about to get  back into coaching . Nonetheless,  I hate how the W-herald tried to make it seem as if this how we played the game  with  the clips in this video. Wowwww is all I can say at the first few clips shown. Wish I was here to see that one but I figured we would win that one. I was too busy worried about the other side of the bracket 

5 hours ago, HAVEN4Eva said:

fellas lookin at the actual play......... the call is correct..... never looked for the ball.... discipline ! Discipline ! Discipline !  And sound football! Think I’m about to get  back into coaching . Nonetheless,  I hate how the W-herald tried to make it seem as if this how we played the game  with  the clips in this video. Wowwww is all I can say at the first few clips shown. Wish I was here to see that one but I figured we would win that one. I was too busy worried about the other side of the bracket 

That call was bs. It was a good, clean, mean, physical hit. You can't legislate the violence out of football. It's a violent game!

38 minutes ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

That call was bs. It was a good, clean, mean, physical hit. You can't legislate the violence out of football. It's a violent game!

Yea in our era yes lol but you can’t even touch a receiver now a Days . Do I feel he got Laid out! Yes indeed! Football is not the same anymore... they protect the  offensive players but there is not a single rule in playing to protect a defense player.  And it’s sad

11 hours ago, kwc said:

1.) Good question. First let me say that WH currently has two players on this year's defense that played in that game in 2016. One is LB Bryson Eason and the other is CB Joshua Gray. Both are key contributers on this year's team. If you would have asked me that question earlier in the season, I would have told you a flat out NO. But, I've watched this defense grow and matriculate throughout the season. The defense we have now, at the end of this season is in the same ball park as the 2016 team. With all of our guys healthy and in place along with the subs and special defense players in place, I feel like this defense is just as good. However, they are different in composition. Both are difficult to run against. Both are big and athletic. However, the D-line was better on the 2016 team. The LB Corp is better on this team, even with a Mr. Football winning LB on the 2016 team, this year's LB Corp is supremely better. In fact, I believe that WH has the best LB Corp in the state, bar none. They are freaking beasts!

Let me add that our defense has currently accounted for 18 INTs this season. 11 in the regular season and 7 in the post season. The WH pass defense is pretty strong as well.

I hope that answers your question.

I'm pretty sure Tyler Hunter played in that 2016 game as well.