6A Championship Oakland v. Whitehaven

MidTennFootball

Who wins?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Oakland
    • Whitehaven

2 hours ago, Chief6684 said:

Tennessee high school football is about as bad as it has been in years and it shows when a one dimensional team can dominate a 6A championship game. We are about on par with Delaware or Connecticut high school football. Tennessee Vols should join the MAC.

gonna have to agree with this one. TN usually has around 1-2 teams every yr that could compete nationally (Think of corn elder ensworth yrs, BA recently, Barry Brunetti MUS teams, past riverdale teams etc) but this yr it is bad. state game was absolutely pitiful. oakland would probably get smoked out of state. 6a team running a 1a offense 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

It was my pleasure to call the title game for your Patriots.  This equaled some of the most dominant championship games I've witnessed over the years.

Thank you for broadcasting your show as well. Its gives football junkies like me a fix before the games. Hope to see you guys again in 2019

2 hours ago, GutsNGlory22 said:

Oakland dominated the game and played very well. Is football that bad in Memphis in 6A because I was not impressed with the offense I seen with Whitehaven, all the athletes on that team and that’s the offense they run. They got some studs on defense. Oakland’s coaching and defense took overt this game early.

Pretty sure Whitehaven is much better than they showed last night. Oakland is just that good on defense. Whitehaven only had one first down real late into the 4th quarter and ended up with three which should tell anyone questioning Oakland's defense. The Maryville game went pretty much the same way. I know a lot of people were questioning if the run is over at Maryville last week but after watching that game last night it should show anyone with any intelligence at all that Oakland is just that good. They had most of their starters back from last year and picked up two prized transfers also. Before the season it was who would be number two because it was no doubt who number one would be.

Edited by BarneySox2007

2 hours ago, GutsNGlory22 said:

Oakland dominated the game and played very well. Is football that bad in Memphis in 6A because I was not impressed with the offense I seen with Whitehaven, all the athletes on that team and that’s the offense they run. They got some studs on defense. Oakland’s coaching and defense took overt this game early.

No football isn’t that bad in Memphis. We just had a horrible night against a great team and got whooped. Nobody including us Whitehaven folks were impressed with that shell of our offense. Us coming out flat like that is typical but digging yourself in a hole against a team who’s main focus was to bury you so you couldn’t dig out again was disastrous. Our team builds off of momentum and big plays and we just couldn’t get the momentum going. That blown fumble recovery touchdown call on top of our best player getting hurt on the one kick return that wasn’t a touchback just deflated us completely.  Our quarterback missed a couple big passes but to his defense he was getting killed all game. Oakland came out focused with a purpose. We came out and laid an egg and the score literally reflected that. But on the bright side we got almost our whole linebacker core and a couple other key players coming back next year. We’ll be back.

Edited by Havengrad04