6A Championship Oakland v. Whitehaven

MidTennFootball

Who wins?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Oakland
    • Whitehaven

22 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

LaVergne can thank MHS. It’s crazy to think back to the fact that they let a school play down.

And a Coach at LaVergne playing the 'race card' to the max to cover his incompetence! There are even some 'Metro' Coaches that are assistants right now that would be better Head Coach at LaVergne.  Especially some at Cane Ridge.  Heck thats a good enough job that we might be able to lure one/some from the 'Haven' that would be a welcome change for Rutherford County.  Any of you Gentlemen want to move East.  The BBQ around here is NOT as good as Memphis, but we are friendly.

I still do not know why he still has his job.  T$$AA is just as guilty by going along with it!

18 hours ago, Lost Old Dad said:

And a Coach at LaVergne playing the 'race card' to the max to cover his incompetence! There are even some 'Metro' Coaches that are assistants right now that would be better Head Coach at LaVergne.  Especially some at Cane Ridge.  Heck thats a good enough job that we might be able to lure one/some from the 'Haven' that would be a welcome change for Rutherford County.  Any of you Gentlemen want to move East.  The BBQ around here is NOT as good as Memphis, but we are friendly.

I still do not know why he still has his job.  T$$AA is just as guilty by going along with it!

La Vergne does have athletes... unfortunately they have never been able to put it together. Still not sure how they won the 2002 AAA State Championship in Baseball. 

kwc, now that the game is over and it's been a few days, what is your honest take on Oakland, overall?

I think you tend to be genuine in your analysis and I would like to hear your take.

WH definitely had the players to play with Oakland. Those goal line stands made that pretty evident.

It seemed like, as a whole, WH didn't think Oakland would be as good as the 2016 version. 2016 Oakland had a couple of extreme athletes, but I think the 2018 version was a better team, overall. That's what I was trying to tell you last week when we were discussing what makes this team go.

I think WH really didn't expect Oakland to be as good as they were. It almost seemed as if they were shocked once the game got rolling and never could recover. I'm not even sure the coaches knew what to make of the situation. Losing 52 and 14 didn't help matters, obviously. 

From what I witnessed during the playoffs, there was nothing but focus from Oakland, even during warmups. Not even a little bit of chirping. Just focus.

I've never witnessed a playoff run like the one I saw this November.

49 minutes ago, AlwaysAPatriot said:

kwc, now that the game is over and it's been a few days, what is your honest take on Oakland, overall?

AAP:

Oakland is the best team we played this season. Out of all of our four losses on the year, Oakland held our offense to the lowest yardage output and held us scoreless. It was a very humbling experience.

WH has work to do.

1 hour ago, jimb1972 said:

Creasy kept it closer than it should have been with some cute playcalling! He usually wins when he has superior talent! If Quarles had stayed at Maryville, different outcomes! West must have been horrible if WhiteHaven was their best! Congrats to Oakland!

GO JACKETS!

But everyone said all week leading up to the game, WH has superior talent. Look at all the D1 offers. 

I guess CKC coached 'em up this time huh?

• Like 1

you never heard me say that! Oakland is more talented than any team in TN! Therefore, Creasy wins! I agree he is a good coach. But lots of people could have won with his talent! Same at Trousdale! Some on here want to make him out to be Lombardi, I honestly think there are better coaches who do more with much less talent!

GO JACKETS!

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 2:38 PM, GoPats2019 said:

La Vergne does have athletes... unfortunately they have never been able to put it together. Still not sure how they won the 2002 AAA State Championship in Baseball. 

Because the current Football HC was still in Knoxville at the time and had NOTHING to do with the Baseball team at LaVergne.

LaVergne has had LOTS of athletes 'borrowed' from them by both Privates and other Publics in the County.  This was possible because they have NEVER had good Football Coaching there.

Back to this original thread though.  I was honestly surprised at the final score as I thought WH would have scored.  Thought about it so much that I refused a friendly little wager on this game, so WH you cost me money.  LOL 

4 hours ago, kwc said:

Dang ... I feel like I owe you LOD. Not that I'm going to send you any money, but still!

We are good, so do not worry about it.  I REALLY did think y'all were going to hang at least 21 on Oakland if not more.  NOW when you play BA, Please let me know and how you honestly feel y'all will do as there is ALWAYS BA folks that almost beg to be parted with their money.  LOL