6A Championship Oakland v. Whitehaven

MidTennFootball

Who wins?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Oakland
    • Whitehaven

1 hour ago, eers said:

Not what I said but typical whoa is me expression. I said Oakland is more disciplined, more talented and better coaching. WH dudhy get here without it, they’re just not as good as Oakland in any of the above. 

I know this is your opinion, but what are you basing this on? 

You know what ... Don't answer that. 

More talented? Better coached?

All righty then. Let's just see if we can keep it close while our undisciplined, untalented, team gets outcoached. I hope we don't get embarrassed.

6 minutes ago, kwc said:

I know this is your opinion, but what are you basing this on? 

You know what ... Don't answer that. 

More talented? Better coached?

All righty then. Let's just see if we can keep it close while our undisciplined, untalented, team gets outcoached. I hope we don't get embarrassed.

You can play that all you want. I have picked WH every game this year except the trip to AR. I think you have a great program and good coach. Obviously talented. As typical you’re trying to turn it into something it’s not. I just think Oakland is the superior team; discipline, talent and coaching. I never said one thing negative about your team or coach. Someone has to be better in each of those categories and I feel it’s Oakland day in all three. 

17 minutes ago, eers said:

You can play that all you want. I have picked WH every game this year except the trip to AR. I think you have a great program and good coach. Obviously talented. As typical you’re trying to turn it into something it’s not. I just think Oakland is the superior team; discipline, talent and coaching. I never said one thing negative about your team or coach. Someone has to be better in each of those categories and I feel it’s Oakland day in all three. 

I hope we can keep it respectable.

You aren't the only one who thinks like that. When it comes to the elite games, well, WH is short in discipline, and coaching usually. Talent is new in this one. That line of thinking permeates all of CoachT.

I guess we will just have to overcome our defficientcies to win this one.

You read it here 1st coach10ac 

... You guys are about to get outcoached. It won't even be close at the final horn!

Well ... that's what eers believes.

Edited by kwc

13 minutes ago, eers said:

No one said you’re being negative. I think it’s just general curiosity and wondering if this is just a gut feeling or do you have anything substantial to expound on in support of this opinion that they are the “SUPERIOR” team in all 3 phases. I mean I guess beating Maryville 38-0 has that effect. I get it, I get it...

14 minutes ago, Havengrad04 said:

I mean I guess beating Maryville 38-0 has that effect. I get it, I get it...

Yeah they beat Maryville 38 - 0. Is that where all of this superiority is supposed to come from? Because, I have to tell you straight up ... that's not the vibe I got from reading eers opinion. 

I feel like it doesn't matter who won that game. In eers mind WH is inferrior to whomever won that game. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

Edited by kwc

34 minutes ago, eers said:

I need some film because there's no team that much better than us

5 minutes ago, kwc said:

Yeah they beat Maryville 38 - 0. Is that where all of this superiority is supposed to come from? Because, I have to tell you straight up ... that's not the vibe I got from reading eers opinion. 

I feel like it doesn't matter who won that game. In eers mind WH is inferrior to whomever won that game. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

You are wrong. I would not have felt the same about Maryville. Having watched Oakland play a few times, they are complete. In all fairness I have not seen a full game of WH this year  

I have always thought WH has had a special program. I think for some WH gets incorrectly labeled because they are a MEMPHIS school. I just want it to be clear, I have been around Coach Saulsberry several times and have nothing but respect for him and what he has done. Again, this is about Oakland and the fact I believe they are just that good. Not a knock on WH. 

17 minutes ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

I need some film because there's no team that much better than us

Trust eers, after Oakland out-disciplines us, their superior athletes will overwhelm our team. The final straw will be their offensive and defensive game plans and in-game adjustments out witting our coordinators. In the end Oakland will beat us handily while WH flounders to an expected defeat.

Oakland is just that great. WH is good, but not good enough. Remember, it won't be close.

Edited by kwc