6A Championship Oakland v. Whitehaven

MidTennFootball

Who wins?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Oakland
    • Whitehaven

I have seen both teams play in person this season. Oakland Defense is legit I’m not sold on the offensive side. Whitehaven defense is legit and seem to do better when in a two back set, they can be all over the place at times. This will be a low scoring game with defense taking over for both teams. You have to play good defense and run the ball to make the state game and they both do this well. It’s in the air lol

3 hours ago, Havengrad04 said:

They just beat Maryville 38-0. We don’t stand a chance; in theory....

but in reality its gonna be a great game. Hope we don’t dig ourselves in an early hole like we’ve been doing but strangely adversity brings us together and makes us play even better. 

What gets lost in the game is Without Hodge, Maryville was forced to do things that were pretty reckless, at least for them. I expect this to be pretty similar to 2016, if either team scores more than 20, I'd be very surprised

47 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

What gets lost in the game is Without Hodge, Maryville was forced to do things that were pretty reckless, at least for them. I expect this to be pretty similar to 2016, if either team scores more than 20, I'd be very surprised

Our offense is a lot more explosive than the 2016 team. The only way we don’t score over 20 is if we turn the ball over. I know Oakland has a couple studs in the secondary. Should be an interesting matchup with their Oklahoma commit DB covering our two SEC Wrs. 

11 minutes ago, Havengrad04 said:

Our offense is a lot more explosive than the 2016 team. The only way we don’t score over 20 is if we turn the ball over. I know Oakland has a couple studs in the secondary. Should be an interesting matchup with their Oklahoma commit DB covering our two SEC Wrs. 

This game won't lack for college scouts looking at both teams. Probably at least one fbs prospect for each team in every unit. 

Edited by MidTennFootball

15 minutes ago, Havengrad04 said:

Don't forget our TE who is committed to the Big 10. That will also be a match-up to watch.

Edited by kwc

1 minute ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

Tell me more about this OU commit that's in Oakland

Best cover corner Oakland has ever had. Rest of the secondary has benefit from teams avoiding throwing his way. Corner on other side will probably be a Power 5 commit as well next yr. Picked Maryville off 3 times last night, Rebels had only had 1 int all season

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

Best cover corner Oakland has ever had. Rest of the secondary has benefit from teams avoiding throwing his way. Corner on other side will probably be a Power 5 commit as well next yr. Picked Maryville off 3 times last night, Rebels had only had 1 int all season

He is gooooddd!

Both teams can play good defense and obviously have scoring potential on offense.   Gonna come down to 3rd down conversions and turnovers.  Oakland has been able to hold field position with great punts in the last few weeks.   Kicking game  could be deciding factor.  And I will bring ear plugs for when we're on offense so I don't lose my hearing with constant band playing.   

Edited by TOM4000Patriots