6A Championship Oakland v. Whitehaven

MidTennFootball

Who wins?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Oakland
    • Whitehaven

28 minutes ago, MJGoldStandard2018 said:

I hope Mt. Juliet earned some respect from this season. Especially with them having the tightest game Oakand had all season as well as in the playoffs if I recall correctly. It was a dogfight for sure. With that being said though, however, I have the utmost respect for both Oakland and Whitehaven. Both teams have had tremendous seasons! Congrats to Oakland for the win!

You do know Oakland lost this year, right?

30 minutes ago, MJGoldStandard2018 said:

I hope Mt. Juliet earned some respect from this season. Especially with them having the tightest game Oakand had all season as well as in the playoffs if I recall correctly. It was a dogfight for sure. With that being said though, however, I have the utmost respect for both Oakland and Whitehaven. Both teams have had tremendous seasons! Congrats to Oakland for the win!

Hey MJ the loss to Maryville was tight.

29 minutes ago, allabouttheO said:

Think you missed my point. I know why coaches are recruiting Tn heavily...lots of talent here but whether they have a successful college career or go on to the NFL or not....they will have a degree. Nothing like a good (free) education.  So no I do not know more than Saban or any other college coach. I am just an Oakland fan with a son that played on the 08 championship team so I am old enough to stay up as long as I want.

What offense did the 08 team run?

1 minute ago, PIONEERS12 said:

Congrats to Oakland. They dominated the game from the start, especially in the trenches. 

Oakland's kicker kicked the ball thru the uprights on an early kickoff.  What a leg he has.

It's great to have this years state champion from Region 3.

I would be the opposite. I hated when Oak Ridge was AAA State Champs when I played. 

Congrats to Oakland - totally dominant. “Boring” offense compliments an incredible defense. That offense completely controlled the ball and wore the WH defense down. It may not be sexy, but it’s extremely effective. 

I loved WH band. Maybe shouldn’t have played during play, but the drum line was awesome and horn section rocked. Dancers looked great too. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chief6684 said:

Tennessee high school football is about as bad as it has been in years and it shows when a one dimensional team can dominate a 6A championship game. We are about on par with Delaware or Connecticut high school football. Tennessee Vols should join the MAC.

You sir, are clueless!  Regardless of what offense was being run by Oakland, it mattered not.  That defense was incredible.   If you have no insight and could not recognize how good that team was, dont keep embarrassing yourself with stupid posts..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1