6A Championship Oakland v. Whitehaven

MidTennFootball

Who wins?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Oakland
    • Whitehaven

3 hours ago, GoPats2019 said:

Murfreesboro and Rutherford County have gotten so big, there's really no "community support" in athletics anymore. All of our schools are gigantic except, DII Middle TN Christian, Providence Academy and Tiny 2A Eagleville. I don't know actual figures but I would bet Eagleville has as big of crowds on Friday Night as many of our 6A schools. 

Did you come to the Maryville game at home or see how Oakland traveled to MJ? 

To my Whitehaven fans, alumn, and whatnot:

Last night was a nightmare! I sat in the stands watching the game unfold and I thought to myself .... "Now I gotta go back and face eers!"

I know BHS has more to say but he is restraining himself. 

Our Offense looked totally inept. We didn't generate a first down until mop-up time. My hat is off to the defense, because when the O continually goes three and out and you have to fend off that bunch with goal-line stance after goal-line stance. It gets TIRING. You did very well to only allow 37 points! How may times did we hold at the goal line? I forget.

To the WH O. That was embarrasing! I'm being kind. The athletes are in place. It is NOT the jimmy and Joes fault. I know about the fumble, but that didn't get our tails whipped. No offensive production at all. I know the Oakland defense is good. I give them the credit they are due. But ... no first downs with all of that talent? I know we lost #14 ... that is no excuse either. That was the eptiome of under performance. That was horrible. That was just plain ole' pathetic.

Well, at least my wife got an opportunity to see her folks. 

Edited by kwc
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, OrangeEagle said:

I was a little disappointed that WH band stopped playing for us Oakland Patriots midway through the 3rd! We were trying to party and your band was so good! Tell them thanks, the Pats appreciated it

Your welcome. The WH band is pretty special.

Actually I think WH did get one 1st down in the last of the 2nd qtr.  I didn't record it so I can't go back to check.

As for Oakland being one dimensional, it was the passing to the flats at the beginning of the second half that got Oakland scoring the second half.

I had the unfair advantage of no booze comfortable and warm in bed watching. LOL  I am saving the Tequila for tonight!

• Like 1