• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
MidTennFootball

6A Championship Oakland v. Whitehaven

Who wins?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Oakland
    • Whitehaven

1 hour ago, MSURacer said:

Something about those years that end in 8 lol 

Didnt they also make it to the ‘88 championship game?

Runner-up finish in ‘88 and then won it in ‘98, 2008, & 2018. Looking good for us in 2028 :thumb: ha

10 hours ago, pepvol said:

LoL, it reminded me of spelling Nazi’s trying to correct you while misspelling words in their own post !!  Congrats to your Oakland Patriots Ozone , they have one of the best defense’s I’ve ever seen in high school Football! Hopefully we can play again next year 

Thanks to Maryville fans for all your congrats.   Means a lot for the kids for all their hard work and staying the course through some tough losses in the last couple of years.   Good luck next year.  Maryville has great kids as well.   Go Patriots!

13 hours ago, pepvol said:

oh , they have 4 6A State championships ? I don't think so ... you need to pay closer attention to your facts . 

My point is whatever the HIGHEST classification is, Oakland has 4. That is fact!!!

1 hour ago, OrangeEagle said:

My point is whatever the HIGHEST classification is, Oakland has 4. That is fact!!!

Maryville got promoted from 4A straight to 6A. We didn’t have to spend any time in 5A. :rolleyes:

Edited by Red Rebels

7 hours ago, Ozone03 said:

Runner-up finish in ‘88 and then won it in ‘98, 2008, & 2018. Looking good for us in 2028 :thumb: ha

Runner up in 89’.   19-9 loss to Gallatin.  

24 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Runner up in 89’.   19-9 loss to Gallatin.  

Yep. I was just talking about the coincidence of Oakland being in the title game every 10th year since ‘88

10 minutes ago, GoPats2019 said:

You can thank LaVergne High School. 

LaVergne can thank MHS. It’s crazy to think back to the fact that they let a school play down.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Ozone03 said:

Yep. I was just talking about the coincidence of Oakland being in the title game every 10th year since ‘88

I’ve got them penciled in for 2028. 

3 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

LaVergne can thank MHS. It’s crazy to think back to the fact that they let a school play down.

With all the talent the had

Edited by FBfan26