6A Championship Oakland v. Whitehaven

MidTennFootball

Who wins?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Oakland
    • Whitehaven

On 12/4/2018 at 11:21 AM, jimb1972 said:

you never heard me say that! Oakland is more talented than any team in TN! Therefore, Creasy wins! I agree he is a good coach. But lots of people could have won with his talent! Same at Trousdale! Some on here want to make him out to be Lombardi, I honestly think there are better coaches who do more with much less talent!

GO JACKETS!

Sounds like another coach I know......

3 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Yup! ..................on a different note how well does a wing t offense matchup to a Nix Defense?

Never seen him give up more than 14 to any wing T team, and that second score usually comes late. 

Honestly, Greeneville would scare me more than Oakland ever would on offense, no matter how big their O line is. 

Oakland does base out of the Wing-T, but they are a multiple formation offense. They'll line up in the I, shotgun, offset, etc. 

Most years it's not going to be an explosive offense, but when used in tandem with defense and special teams, it's deadly. HS version of BeamerBall

Edited by MidTennFootball
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Oakland does base out of the Wing-T, but they are a multiple formation offense. They'll line up in the I, shotgun, offset, etc. 

Most years it's not going to be an explosive offense, but when used in tandem with defense and special teams, it's deadly. HS version of BeamerBall

I still like Alcoa’s D v their O. 

They could play for a week and nobody score. 

Alcoa can play some special teams too, so you know. 

2 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Never said they couldn't. But Oakland's is better than most

How so? 

I think Zeke Rankin has as many touchbacks as Oakland’s kicker and at least as many FG. 

I know that Oakland’s punter is average, as is Alcoa’s. 

Both teams can take a kick to the house... sounds pretty even to me. 

Creasy took the ball off that kickers foot just as much as CGR did to Zeke this year (including the championship game)

2 minutes ago, JohnnyLawrence said:

How so? 

I think Zeke Rankin has as many touchbacks as Oakland’s kicker and at least as many FG. 

Creasy took the ball off that kickers foot just as much as CGR did to Zeke this year (including the championship game)

Last 4 yrs Oakland has had a FBS-level kicker, so it's not just a 1 year thing. Oakland leaned on their special teams a fair bit this yr, especially to create favorable field position, which was huge in the MJ game.

Didn't say they were better than Alcoa. Just better than most. This year, I don't think there is much difference between the 2. Like someone else said, it'd be a defense-dominated matchup

49 minutes ago, JohnnyLawrence said:

How so? 

It is hard for me to visualize a child I saw as a 3 and 4 year old running around the field after yet another win at R'dale as a kicker in High School..................GOD I am getting OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!