5A Championship - Knox Central vs Henry Co.

CU06

1 hour ago, Swarm4Life said:

Forcing Henry County to throw may be the last thing the Bobcats want to do

Perhaps, however I do believe y’all are underestimating our secondary. I’ve watched your QB, he’s good no doubt. But our secondary has played outstanding all season against some very good QBs. We shall see I suppose...

7 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Perhaps, however I do believe y’all are underestimating our secondarily. I’ve watched your QB, he’s good no doubt. But our secondary has played outstanding all season against some very good QBs. We shall see I suppose...

It will be a long night for us if y'all stop both our running and passing attacks.  The usual high school team generally can't do both.  I take your word that y'all aren't usual.

I don't think HC will 'air it out' nor do i think they will run for 300 yards, but i do think they can move the ball and the chains consistently. It sounds like Central will also be able to move the ball in the air and on the ground, but the HC defense have been solid all year, esp lately.

I see a defensive battle and 21 pts could win it.

Turnovers and penalties may determine the game.

Lets GO BIG RED!

8 minutes ago, BigRedRealist said:

I don't think HC will 'air it out' nor do i think they will run for 300 yards, but i do think they can move the ball and the chains consistently. It sounds like Central will also be able to move the ball in the air and on the ground, but the HC defense have been solid all year, esp lately.

I see a defensive battle and 21 pts could win it.

Turnovers and penalties may determine the game.

Lets GO BIG RED!

Agreed. I believe the experience of "winning the big one" will prove valuable for the Patriots. The coaches' know what it takes and will use that knowledge to pull it out:  Ball security, minimal penalties, no big plays on defense, and patience on offense.

1 hour ago, Havengrad04 said:

Good luck to Henry County from the Haven and the 901. Lets both bring gold ball #3 back to the west side/best side!

Thanks to you, Havengrad , and to kwc.. I and most folks up here are pulling for the WH Tigers though there are a few who support Oakland because of Coach Creasy's past experience on the Patriot staff. In 2011 I stayed in Cookeville fpr the Saturday games and rooted for you guys. The kicking game cost you that championship. This new scheduling won't let me be there this year but I will be  beside the tube cheering for the Tigers.

GO BIG RED

Edited by olddevil

Swarm4Life, not calling you out here, but I'd like to look at experience from a different angle. Both coaching staffs have coached in the championship game. (we're not talking about classification here, experience) They can be the best coaches in the world, but the bottom line is that they can't get out there and play the game themselves. Both teams are loaded with talent. You hit on the deciding factors near the end of your post. The penalties, the turnovers, having the patience to concentrate on the play, not the fans going crazy in the stands or the largest TV audience they will have every played in front of. It's a very exciting atmosphere! So I look at it as the team with player participation in this atmosphere as having the experience edge. A large number of Central's team have been in this atmosphere. But will it give them an edge? Only time will tell! Good luck to you guys, here's hoping for a good, clean game with no injuries.

Central  28

Henry County  27

I actually hope its not this close, my nerves won't be able to take it, lol!