5A Championship - Knox Central vs Henry Co.

CU06

24 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Hopefully I'll be there too, if the Central side can squeeze in a Boone guy......

Haha, shoot Blazer cmon man. I hope a lot of people from other schools and areas come support us. I’m sure some Alcoa fans will probably stay over from their game and watch us, and I know there’s gonna be a few Greene Devil fans there. I just hope we can finally get over the hump and do this thing, I believe we will.

Edited by chsbobcat09
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Haha, shoot Blazer cmon man. I hope a lot of people from other schools and areas come support us. I’m sure some Alcoa fans will probably stay over from their game and watch us, and I know there’s gonna be a few Greene Devil fans there. I just hope we can finally get over the hump and do this thing, I believe we will.

Several of us will be there 

2 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

Swarm4Life, not calling you out here, but I'd like to look at experience from a different angle. Both coaching staffs have coached in the championship game. (we're not talking about classification here, experience) They can be the best coaches in the world, but the bottom line is that they can't get out there and play the game themselves. Both teams are loaded with talent. You hit on the deciding factors near the end of your post. The penalties, the turnovers, having the patience to concentrate on the play, not the fans going crazy in the stands or the largest TV audience they will have every played in front of. It's a very exciting atmosphere! So I look at it as the team with player participation in this atmosphere as having the experience edge. A large number of Central's team have been in this atmosphere. But will it give them an edge? Only time will tell! Good luck to you guys, here's hoping for a good, clean game with no injuries.

Central  28

Henry County  27

I actually hope its not this close, my nerves won't be able to take it, lol!

Lol well Central wont blow out HC I know that. Either way I expect it to come down to the wire...everybody's nerves are about to be shot lol

On 11/27/2018 at 10:22 AM, catsfever said:

I don't want to get blasted, but I feel that Emma Walker's murder had them distracted....as they obviously should have been!!!  Our state championship was the comeback win against Marshall Co to go to the state championship game.  HUGE rallying moment for the team, and such a huge release of emotions from all that occured that week.  Once championship week started....the team was just "off" from the very beginning.....and I don't feel the team's true character and talent wasn't shown in the championship game.  

That was an emotional week for Central. The Tigers were up by 21 in the first half and after the half Central came out on a mission. Buel and Peebles were fun to watch in that game. We hated to lose that game but given all y'all had went through that week I was happy to see central advance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

Swarm4Life, not calling you out here, but I'd like to look at experience from a different angle. Both coaching staffs have coached in the championship game. (we're not talking about classification here, experience) They can be the best coaches in the world, but the bottom line is that they can't get out there and play the game themselves. Both teams are loaded with talent. You hit on the deciding factors near the end of your post. The penalties, the turnovers, having the patience to concentrate on the play, not the fans going crazy in the stands or the largest TV audience they will have every played in front of. It's a very exciting atmosphere! So I look at it as the team with player participation in this atmosphere as having the experience edge. A large number of Central's team have been in this atmosphere. But will it give them an edge? Only time will tell! Good luck to you guys, here's hoping for a good, clean game with no injuries.

Central  28

Henry County  27

I actually hope its not this close, my nerves won't be able to take it, lol!

I agree with your point about the current players being in the Big game. Central does have the edge there. It's been a few years for the Patriots and their current players were in middle school in 2013. And, to your point about coaches not being able to get out there and play themselves; I strongly believe that great, experienced coaches can be the difference. Who can teach and prepare their players (mentally and physically) well enough to execute at the highest, most stressful level, and Win? Henry County has done that...twice.

Henry County 17

Central 14

Duplicate score of 2011 when the Patriots defeated Powell.

This game should be awesome! Can't wait! I've been looking at the Paris newspaper all week and looking back at some previous articles. Henry Co. can be very proud of the community support they have. The different events that were held this and previous weeks, the paper urging people to get out and buy tickets (didn't realize Henry County held the state championship ticket sales record (2011-Powell game). I could only wish Knoxville had a newspaper that would cover high school football the way they did 10 years ago. It's a joke now! It will be a lot of fun Saturday night.

Kind of weird it being a Friday and having one more day to play. I believe this game has all the ingredients to be another classic! Its been a great week. So proud of our team and also our community for all the support that they've given! Looking forward to some great tailgating fellowship tomorrow afternoon (hoping the rain is done!) and a crowded house loaded with Big Red Nation cheering on their Patriots to victory!!!

Go Big RED!!!

This is THE moment Henrylanders have been waiting on.....this LEGENDARY YANKER will reveal the score of the big game!!!!!!!   This YANKER will give you a preview.....HC WINS STATE!!!!  HC WINS STATE!!!!   The actual score shall be ...................HC 27 - Central 21 !  I AM THE WORLD'S ONLY LIVING YANKER!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Yanker said:

This is THE moment Henrylanders have been waiting on.....this LEGENDARY YANKER will reveal the score of the big game!!!!!!!   This YANKER will give you a preview.....HC WINS STATE!!!!  HC WINS STATE!!!!   The actual score shall be ...................HC 27 - Central 21 !  I AM THE WORLD'S ONLY LIVING YANKER!!!!!!

Just hoping HC comes out with more fire in their eyes than they have all year!!! 

SHOW NO MERCY!!! MAKE NO EXCUSES!!!!

ROLL RED ROLL!!!!!