5A Championship - Knox Central vs Henry Co.

CU06

I understand that this choice is a major inconvenience on the part of the fans and even the teams, but you have to make choices based on the safety of the players not the convenience of the fans. As a former player, It would have been extremely hard to play that game at 11 or later. Having been on a bus at 9 and not had a meal since 4, it was not a good situation for the players. So I understand the choice to postpone and think that the choice will make this the great game it deserves to be. Go Big Red

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fridaynitehero said:

I understand that this choice is a major inconvenience on the part of the fans and even the teams, but you have to make choices based on the safety of the players not the convenience of the fans. As a former player, It would have been extremely hard to play that game at 11 or later. Having been on a bus at 9 and not had a meal since 4, it was not a good situation for the players. So I understand the choice to postpone and think that the choice will make this the great game it deserves to be. Go Big Red

At the same time if it wasnt for the fans there is no TSSAA

18 minutes ago, HCRedPride said:

Its the fact people spent hard earned money to ride the fan bus. People carried their kids on the fan bus and do you realize how many kids are heartbroken this morning because they can't see the game?? I wouldnt expect some people to understand this but its the truth. I have personally talked to several fans that was there and everyone said they wanted to stay no matter how long it took to get the game in. People that have money and are rich wouldnt understand this at all. People who are barely scraping by and spend what little extra money they had to watch the Patriots play in the State Championship game are flat out screwed and that's just not right and I do NOT agree with this outcome 

I get where you are coming from. This was an unfortunate no-win situation. No way to please everyone though.  

The NWS was supposedly contacted when making the decision last night. According to Jesse Smithey, they had some pretty heavy rain about an hour after they made the decision to reschedule. If there was any lightning in that deluge, that would just further the delay. 

I feel for every fan that travelled for this game. I think the circumstances were unfortunate all around. 

1 minute ago, Patriots186 said:

I was originally mad about them canceling the game. I got over that. The thing I am most upset about is them not giving refunds to the people that can’t come back today. We spent 6 hours of driving and bought multiple tickets and we paid for parking, and they won’t even give us our money back for tickets.

That's the part that would upset me. They should have offered a refund to anyone who couldn't attend on Sunday. 

51 minutes ago, HCRedPride said:

Wrong call I dont care what you say! 

Basically you have no rebuttal because you know it is true. TSSAA was in a no win siutation. They have no control over the weather. It is unfortunate but to act like there was a better, safer option for the players is just selfish.

Edited by District12AA

7 minutes ago, Patriots186 said:

I was originally mad about them canceling the game. I got over that. The thing I am most upset about is them not giving refunds to the people that can’t come back today. We spent 6 hours of driving and bought multiple tickets and we paid for parking, and they won’t even give us our money back for tickets.

How we they go about that? Truth be told many people would take advantage if they started giving refunds. It is part of going to a y sporting event. You take that risk. They are not charging today so they are doing the best they can giving the circumstances.

Screw the TSSAA. If the fans would stop showing up to games and giving them money then they would have no power. What they did by not giving refunds is absolutely disgraceful to the fans of the schools. Just shows how they are money hungry pieces of s**t that don’t care about others. They need to be audited so the people can find out exactly where all this gate money is going bc the way i look at it, im not seeing any improvements