5A Championship - Knox Central vs Henry Co.

CU06

8 minutes ago, madhatter2269 said:

point proven. go on somewhere lmfao

Hey sore loser. I came to this thread to congratulate Central on a nice win. Their first championship. Only to see where one of your fans decided to attack the Alcoa program. I get it, he was mad at Goon, so his anger should have been directed at him, not the program. So don’t get bent when you get back what is dished.... Congrats on a great season. Good luck next year. Also, there was much more achieved this year by The Tornadoes than beating Murvul. Check the record books! However, that was one of this years great accomplishments. Carry on....:thumb:

One thing I have appreciated Central doing the last few years is scheduling Alcoa & Maryville for scrimmages.  Either for full team scrimmages, or 7 on 7.....I think it has definitely helped all teams to scrimmage against quality competition, and consistent state title contenders.  

Edit to add:  They have also scrimmage Farragut as well.  Coach Courtney continues to do great things with the Admirals

Edited by catsfever

46 minutes ago, catsfever said:

I'll address some of your musings:

The band - the band director wouldn't allow the whole band to come back.  Funds??  I don't know, but they "allowed" the drumline to come.  Either way - proud of the kids that showed up

How many times can a helmet come off?  Good question - he claimed he was constantly getting pushed in the facemask and no call.  He also lost his temper and got a flag in the 3rd or 4th quarter for that same issue.

The "onside kick".  Nope.....as the kicker approached the ball, it started to fall forward off the tee, but the kicker continued with the kick anyway.  Correct call.

Your "score" in the endzone.  The HC player didn't have control of the ball when he was hit...and landed on the edge of the rear boundary.  Correct call.

Running into the kicker call - I disagreed and thought it should have been roughing the kicker.  But it is what it is.

I was complementary of the band.  Hope it didn't come across otherwise

I suspect the helmet issue was strategic on our part...just having fun with this comment

Onside kick trick play...again, just kidding.  I can't say I know the rule but trust the 18 or so referees do

It is not necessary to have control "when hit".  My seat was in no position to see whether he had control, nor was the replay.  I take your word for it

I hope the kicker wasn't nearly injured when he was "roughed"

Just now, FactsOnly said:

I was complementary of the band.  Hope it didn't come across otherwise

I suspect the helmet issue was strategic on our part...just having fun with this comment

Onside kick trick play...again, just kidding.  I can't say I know the rule but trust the 18 or so referees do

It is not necessary to have control "when hit".  My seat was in no position to see whether he had control, nor was the replay.  I take your word for it

I hope the kicker wasn't nearly injured when he was "roughed"

No offense taken on any of your posts!!!  Sorry if I came across offended.

The endzone play.....I had a good view of it.  He was bobbling the ball when he was hit.  

The punter was ok.....just a little roughing of "the boys" if you know what I mean.  No long term damage!!

26 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

Hey sore loser. I came to this thread to congratulate Central on a nice win. Their first championship. Only to see where one of your fans decided to attack the Alcoa program. I get it, he was mad at Goon, so his anger should have been directed at him, not the program. So don’t get bent when you get back what is dished.... Congrats on a great season. Good luck next year. Also, there was much more achieved this year by The Tornadoes than beating Murvul. Check the record books! However, that was one of this years great accomplishments. Carry on....:thumb:

I’m a Central fan, loser. Lmfao. Go back to your own thread buddy.

28 minutes ago, catsfever said:

One thing I have appreciated Central doing the last few years is scheduling Alcoa & Maryville for scrimmages.  Either for full team scrimmages, or 7 on 7.....I think it has definitely helped all teams to scrimmage against quality competition, and consistent state title contenders.  

Edit to add:  They have also scrimmage Farragut as well.  Coach Courtney continues to do great things with the Admirals

I agree, it helps in many different areas of the game. Congratulations on the win!!!

Congrats to Central. Excellent Defense. And congrats to HC who also had an excellent D.

Very physical game. HC won the TO battle and field position but couldn't convert them into points (because of said defense).
It was a fun game to watch, even without much scoring.

There are always Monday morning QB's/coaches that question play calling. I thought HC coaches did exactly what gave HC the best chance to win. In a one possession game, you do what you do best. IMO

Is HC run heavy - absolutely and always has been. Have they passed successfully this year - yep, but they are still a run heavy team. 

HC : 32 rushes and 20 passes. I haven't looked it up, but I'm pretty sure that is well more than avg pass attempts per game for the year. 
Central : 34 rushes and 12 passes.

I thought the play of the game was when Central QB scrambled to extend the play and found a receiver for about 35 TD

The wind was a major factor for both teams : passing and punting.

I enjoyed the game/atmosphere.

Again, congrats to Central for the Gold Ball. Well done.
Congrats to HC on another great and enjoyably season.

GO BIG RED !!