5A Championship - Knox Central vs Henry Co.

CU06

Great defensive line play by Knox Central, that is what won it IMO, HC does have the ability to throw the ball, they just didnt do it enough to get into any kind of rhythm. I get being run 1st but when they are stopping the run the way they were you have to throw the ball to open it up so you can run...

Having said that, great game and was fun to watch!

12 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

Great defensive line play by Knox Central, that is what won it IMO, HC does have the ability to throw the ball, they just didnt do it enough to get into any kind of rhythm. I get being run 1st but when they are stopping the run the way they were you have to throw the ball to open it up so you can run...

Yep....

Congratulations Central for winning the 5A title. Also Congrats to Henry County for playing a hard fought game that went down to the last minute. It was also great to see Central this early fall play Maryville in a scrimmage which I could tell then they had a good team the way they played that evening. I also remember a few years ago when Bryson Rosser was in his first season at Central and they were playing 7 on 7 at a big event at Maryville College just before fall practice. I had just left the Maryville contest and was cutting through the back of the college to go to my car. I had to walk by the Central team while Bryson was having a team meeting and I stopped just a minute because I was very impressed how well he connected with those kids. I knew that day Central had finally found the right coach and he would do well there. I sure hope he stays put for a while and the Central fans make sure he is taken well care of. He has restored the fire in a school that has had a rich past in Knoxville Football History.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

I thought we were way too one-dimensional in these playoffs. However, I heard that our QB had been playing with a shoulder injury for several weeks. I actually hinted at it in a thread a couple weeks back fishing for confirmation, but I never got any. If that is true, then I understand the mindset. 

Passing the ball is such a rhythmic component of offense. Was really hoping we’d continue nursing the balance we had early in the year. 

But oh well, everything’s just ifs and buts at this point. Still a great year. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HCRedPride said:

Shut up dude! Its not even about the game at this point. You have 2/3rds of HC ticked off right now for how this was handled! We had to raise several thousand dollars to send one particular bus and they had to come back last night with no returning. The fan bus people had to pay and all they got was a ride to Cookeville and back with no game. Now cant even watch on tv! Absolutely ridiculous!!! 

Well..... Weather is unpredictable and the TSSAA can’t control everything. One thing you can count on though; 

whiningTIT’s lose games! :mrgreen:

1 minute ago, HCRedPride said:

Let Alcoa play Greeneville! Alcoa would get that #### whooped!

That would be great!  Too many Championships (9) in this state!  Combine 1&2, 3&4, 5&6 with 2 DII games and let it fly ! Heck we’ve been beat bad but one thing we don’t do is run around whining & crying about every little thing!  Gotta get ya ahh a mancard there bud!