5A Championship - Knox Central vs Henry Co.

CU06

5 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

Alcoa was gonna move to 4A but all the local 4A teams decided to bump to 5A. If Alcoa moved to 5A, those teams would go back to 4A. 3A is much more competitive with those types of moves along with the size of region and travel times. Greeneville would have been a great game this year. Other than them, not so much. Y’all definitely don’t want Alcoa in 5A. Fact!!! Ask Catholic....:thumb:

im talking about alcoa playing all the way up in 6a. everyone up there thinks they are that good then i say do it for a full yr and prove it

Edited by zoneread56

3 minutes ago, zoneread56 said:

im talking about alcoa playing all the way up in 6a. everyone up there thinks they are that good then i say do it for a full yr and prove it

Nothing to prove here Zone. Most 6A schools in the area don’t want to play the Tornadoes because they say there is no benefit to play a 3A school. You can’t have it both ways. We will be in 4A soon enough. I just hope the TSSAA stops teams from being able to jump classifications to keep from playing us in the future. We are coming. No one thought we could do it in 2A (while a 1A school), then no one thought we could do it in 3A (while 2A school). Little do they know....:thumb: 

Last I checked....Alcoa football is discussed in the 3/4 A thread.

Back to the Central vs Henry Co game.....the wind was a big deterrent in either team establishing an effective passing game.  But it was a great game and hats off to HC for the game they played.  And hats off to fans of both teams that made it an outstanding atmosphere.  Hope everyone had safe travels home.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, catsfever said:

Back to the Central vs Henry Co game.....the wind was a big deterrent in either team establishing an effective passing game.  But it was a great game and hats off to HC for the game they played.  And hats off to fans of both teams that made it an outstanding atmosphere.  Hope everyone had safe travels home.

Still nothing but props for Central. They hung on to win in much the same fashion as we did in ‘11 and ‘13. Soak it in. 

Congratulations to Knox Central High School on winning their 1st ever high school football championship. It was a great championship game. The Bobcats defense was definitely the difference in the game. I live in the Tri-Cities area of East Tennessee.

One of my favorite athletes ever was Todd Helton right from Central High School. I wonder if he attended this game? I know that he's got to be one proud alumni over the biggest win in the program's history. Henry County is a traditional powerhouse & the Bobcats took it to them in that championship game.

8 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

Alcoa was gonna move to 4A but all the local 4A teams decided to bump to 5A. If Alcoa moved to 5A, those teams would go back to 4A. 3A is much more competitive with those types of moves along with the size of region and travel times. Greeneville would have been a great game this year. Other than them, not so much. Y’all definitely don’t want Alcoa in 5A. Fact!!! Ask Catholic....:thumb:

If Alcoa is so big and bad, why did they decline the offer to schedule a game next season with the Irish??? Congrats to the Bobcats! At least it wasn’t that communication school on the other end of Broadway. 

7 hours ago, catsfever said:

Great game Central! Congratulations on your first gold ball. Your defense was tough and that's what made the difference in the last minute. But once again, it was an outstanding football game with two outstanding teams to wrap up the year.

Patriots, great season and I am proud of you all! Proud of our community who still showed up after that crazy rain delay and postponement. Big Red Pride runs deep, we will be back!

Go Big RED!!!