5A Championship - Knox Central vs Henry Co.

CU06

3 hours ago, HCRedPride said:

I don't see HC losing this game

I could see it going either way. Central is a very good team, and has been here more recently than us (albeit in 4A). We are a very good team as well, and have a group of kids who are as cohesive a group as I’ve seen. 

I’m gonna leave a prediction out of this one and let the kids decide it on the field. 

11 hours ago, MSURacer said:

I could see it going either way. Central is a very good team, and has been here more recently than us (albeit in 4A). We are a very good team as well, and have a group of kids who are as cohesive a group as I’ve seen. 

I’m gonna leave a prediction out of this one and let the kids decide it on the field. 

I still don't know a whole lot about Central but I do know how our boys have been all year and if they bring that effort and physicality I love our chances! Is it Saturday yet??? Lol

12 hours ago, MSURacer said:

They lost to Memphis East 27-3. 

I never understood Central's offensive strategy in that game.    The OLine lined up on every play and the gaps were wide enough to drive a truck thru.    The Memphis DLine was nowhere near as big but they were quick enough to shoot those gaps and kill the run.      I was not the only one on the Central side scratching their head over that one....   If they had bunched the OLine up more and just run behind them... Man I'm telling you Central had some stout boys that year.    If you watched it only on TV you couldn't get the full picture of just how much space was between the OLine.       CENTRAL FANS - this is not a criticism, just a shared observation.

43 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I never understood Central's offensive strategy in that game.    The OLine lined up on every play and the gaps were wide enough to drive a truck thru.    The Memphis DLine was nowhere near as big but they were quick enough to shoot those gaps and kill the run.      I was not the only one on the Central side scratching their head over that one....   If they had bunched the OLine up more and just run behind them... Man I'm telling you Central had some stout boys that year.    If you watched it only on TV you couldn't get the full picture of just how much space was between the OLine.       CENTRAL FANS - this is not a criticism, just a shared observation.

I don't want to get blasted, but I feel that Emma Walker's murder had them distracted....as they obviously should have been!!!  Our state championship was the comeback win against Marshall Co to go to the state championship game.  HUGE rallying moment for the team, and such a huge release of emotions from all that occured that week.  Once championship week started....the team was just "off" from the very beginning.....and I don't feel the team's true character and talent wasn't shown in the championship game.  

• Upvote 1

The game 2 years ago was tough. We came in against a team who had some massive Linemen and a RB that was one of the best I’ve ever seen, Taylor was his name. Not to mention our WRs couldn’t catch a pass that day for some reason. This years team is different, I believe it’s more ready for the task at hand. Although I do also believe Henry Co is better overall than that Memphis East team was. Practice went well yesterday, we’ll continue to work later on today.

Edited by chsbobcat09

If you look at the scores of HC and their opponents this year most of those scores will fool you. Several games we had shutouts going before putting in 2nd string and then gave up some points. This 1st string defense is TOUGH! The best QB and WR in school history along with two big time RB's. Going to be a fun game boys!!