3A Title Game - Alcoa vs Covington

CHARGERFAN

4 minutes ago, fanoffootball2013 said:

#7.  I'm sure you guys are pretty balanced but who is the big rusher for Alcoa? How many passing yards does Mr. Football have ?

Rotate a bunch of RB's. #2, #6, # 28, #15, & #7 ..... maybe 400-600 yards each and I'm just guessing? Main RB's will be the first three.

QB's passing yards?.....2250 all purpose yards. 23 passing TD,2 rushing TB.

• Like 1

With a 100% chance of rain/thunderstorms on Saturday in Cookeville, does this benefit either team? I know that a muddy field will not be a factor, but how slick does a turf field become with measurable rain? Will this play a part in the coaches' game plans? Thoughts?

Edited by 00Chargers
spelling

On 11/25/2018 at 10:11 AM, 00Chargers said:

On paper this game looks like a pretty one-sided affair. Alcoa has the athletes, Alcoa has the numbers, and Alcoa has the history. I don't think that there are any experts throughout the state that will give much of chance to the Chargers of Covington. The point spread should be double-digits. Nine times out of ten, Alcoa wins this game and, of eight of those, they win big. This is how much of the state views Alcoa. They are arguably the best team in the state regardless of classification, which probably makes this team one of the best that 3A has ever seen. So yea, the task is monumental. I've been picking Alcoa to win the 2018 championship all season and I felt another silver ball in the trophy case would be all that Covington could hope to accomplish. But that one time in ten (or 100), something special happens. The experts are left scratching their heads. An App. State beats a Michigan, a UMBC beats a Virginia, or a David conquers a Goliath. So I will believe in my Chargers and I will believe that they will win. So good luck fellas and bring that gold ball back home!! I be there supporting you the best I can. 

If yall think it's a monumental challenge step back I'm sure the Upperman boys would love a rematch! Just run right at them we were getting 5, 6, and 8 yards just about every play. Alcoa switches out about 3 deep at every position and 4 minutes to go in our game they all had their hands on their hips gasping for air. Just watch the video. Our two way boys were in alot better shape. Deep bench doesn't mean anything if they are not in shape. I would almost say Upperman was their most physical game of the year. I hope #23 from Alcoa is alright! Yes the Alcoa boys are human should have been beat Friday night. Gary Rankin even said they were lucky to get out of there with that win. His cockiness came down a few levels too bad the fans on here haven't though!

11 minutes ago, daddymacvols said:

If yall think it's a monumental challenge step back I'm sure the Upperman boys would love a rematch! Just run right at them we were getting 5, 6, and 8 yards just about every play. Alcoa switches out about 3 deep at every position and 4 minutes to go in our game they all had their hands on their hips gasping for air. Just watch the video. Our two way boys were in alot better shape. Deep bench doesn't mean anything if they are not in shape. I would almost say Upperman was their most physical game of the year. I hope #23 from Alcoa is alright! Yes the Alcoa boys are human should have been beat Friday night. Gary Rankin even said they were lucky to get out of there with that win. His cockiness came down a few levels too bad the fans on here haven't though!

sJuCas33.png

u7ZaMvlt.png

Edited by Red Rebels

Alcoa is a great team no doubt about it. Do not turn the ball over and run right at the teeth of their defense. They do not defend the out routes very well. They do play the deep ball well. Alcoa is beatable but you have to play close to perfect football to beat them. No turnovers watch the fake handoff to the running back and Russell keeps it up the middle. If we would have defended that play and a hook and ladder we had them. Russell had 101 yards rushing and only 54 passing we had pressure on him alot of the night and he was uncomfortable passing but his two runs up the middle especially the last one for 50 yards. That sealed the game. I do not know what Covington has so I can't speculate what the score might be. If you are Covington don't shy away from Alcoa. I say if Alcoa has success early Alcoa will win by 2-3 scores. Covington will have to keep Alcoa bottled up in the backfield and not get beat outside. If you bottle up the run and force Russell to pass and put pressure on him Covington will have a chance. I would say closer than the experts think but Alcoa wins 24-21. That's if Covington plays good D and if they keep it close. Covington will have to force Alcoa into the 4th quarter with a really close game.

18 minutes ago, daddymacvols said:

Alcoa is a great team no doubt about it. Do not turn the ball over and run right at the teeth of their defense. They do not defend the out routes very well. They do play the deep ball well. Alcoa is beatable but you have to play close to perfect football to beat them. No turnovers watch the fake handoff to the running back and Russell keeps it up the middle. If we would have defended that play and a hook and ladder we had them. Russell had 101 yards rushing and only 54 passing we had pressure on him alot of the night and he was uncomfortable passing but his two runs up the middle especially the last one for 50 yards. That sealed the game. I do not know what Covington has so I can't speculate what the score might be. If you are Covington don't shy away from Alcoa. I say if Alcoa has success early Alcoa will win by 2-3 scores. Covington will have to keep Alcoa bottled up in the backfield and not get beat outside. If you bottle up the run and force Russell to pass and put pressure on him Covington will have a chance. I would say closer than the experts think but Alcoa wins 24-21. That's if Covington plays good D and if they keep it close. Covington will have to force Alcoa into the 4th quarter with a really close game.

We were only down three with nine minutes to go last year but fumble in end zone and it was pretty much done after that. They are definitely tough to beat but our kids will battle them.

44 minutes ago, 00Chargers said:

With a 100% chance of rain/thunderstorms on Saturday in Cookeville, does this benefit either team? I know that a muddy field will not be a factor, but how slick does a turf field become with measurable rain? Will this play a part in the coaches' game plans? Thoughts?

Turf is much better with rain than grass. Im pretty sure the Tornadoes game plan will stay the same. They have handled wet weather fairly well this year.