3A Title Game - Alcoa vs Covington

CHARGERFAN

18 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I want to say that I watched most of the games in Cookeville this week and this one was a true contest. This was no blow-out win. Either team could have won it, but Alcoa made the plays in the last couple of minutes to take home the Gold Ball. Congratulations to Alcoa for their play. That trick fake field goal turned the tide from 4th and 7 to 4th and 2. How many teams have practiced a play like that? 

I also want to congratulate my Chargers on a great effort against a great opponent. Our guys matched up well enough to win but just came up a little short. Marty Wheeler and his staff do a super job in conditioning and coaching our team. I am glad that tonight the entire state of Tennessee saw that Covington is a top-flight football program. I know how good Alcoa is, and our team is right there with them. Our challenge is to get over that hump in the future and take home a Gold Ball of our own.

ChargerFan, your guys are the best team we've played all year without a doubt.  I gained a lot of repsect for your team last year seeing the way they played and carried themselves on the field.  That respect only deepened this year  Your coaching staff is top notch and your program toe-to-toe with Alcoa right now.  If you love good football its been a heckuva 2 years to watch the 3A games.  I've followed Alcoa for almost 30 years and live for games like tonights.  It definitely coulda went y'alls way and deservingly so if it had.  Hope to see Covington again next year same time same place.  Congrats on a great game and a great season. 

Edited by TwistedTornado16
Added
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, TwistedTornado16 said:

ChargerFan, your guys are the best team we've played all year without a doubt.  I gained a lot of repsect for your team last year seeing the way they played and carried themselves on the field.  That respect only deepened this year  Your coaching staff is top notch and your program toe-to-toe with Alcoa right now.  If you love good football its been a heckuva 2 years to watch the 3A games.  I've followed Alcoa for almost 30 years and live for games like tonights.  It definitely coulda went y'alls way and deservingly so if it had.  Hope to see Covingron again next year same time same place.  Congrats on a great game and a great season. 

Thank you for that, Twisted! I would love to see another clash between these two teams in the future....the past 2 years have been heartbreaking but so much fun....I love watching games like this! Congratulations on y’alls 17th