3A Title Game - Alcoa vs Covington

CHARGERFAN

8 hours ago, TwistedTornado16 said:

ChargerFan, your guys are the best team we've played all year without a doubt.  I gained a lot of repsect for your team last year seeing the way they played and carried themselves on the field.  That respect only deepened this year  Your coaching staff is top notch and your program toe-to-toe with Alcoa right now.  If you love good football its been a heckuva 2 years to watch the 3A games.  I've followed Alcoa for almost 30 years and live for games like tonights.  It definitely coulda went y'alls way and deservingly so if it had.  Hope to see Covingron again next year same time same place.  Congrats on a great game and a great season. 

Thanks for the post and the kind words for our team. Our Covington community loves our team, as you could tell from the size of the crowd we brought to Cookeville. It's a 4-1/2 to 5 hour trip for Covington fans, so it shows real involvement for so many to be there. 

You can never know in high school football when you will have an opportunity like that. Alcoa seems to have a recipe to be good every year. Covington may be able to sustain the effort, as Coach Wheeler gets the best out of the players. But, we'll see what the future holds.

16 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

Shout out to Alcoa’s O-line tonight. They played a great ballgame! Great TEAM win!! :thumb:

Excellent performance! Who needs to throw the ball when you are ripping off runs of 5, 8, and 10 yards. Considering last night’s weather and wind, it was imperative they stepped up. Very proud of our OL. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, scots50 said:

Excellent performance! Who needs to throw the ball when you are ripping off runs of 5, 8, and 10 yards. Considering last night’s weather and wind, it was imperative they stepped up. Very proud of our OL. 

Yes sir! For the most part play calling was very good. There were about 4 calls that I questioned, but all in all great game plan.. Gotta give credit when it’s due! :thumb: Alcoa O-line was great in the trenches all day!!! Huge props!!!

Edited by Throwdeslant

Congratulations to our seniors for a great 4 year run and the rest of the team as well. This program has a lot to be thankful for. We have great kids, community support, facilities and good coaches. Also congrats to Covington on a great game. I’ll eat a little crow and say I thought it would be a little easier but I was wrong. The Covington coaches added a few wrinkles to their offense that caught us off guard. Time of possession in the first half was huge. Covington also had several good looking players and they played with a lot of heart. Overall just a great game to watch.  Now let’s get ready to get #18! 

Edited by Springbrookrat
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Springbrookrat said:

Congratulations to our seniors for a great 4 year run and the rest of the team as well. This program has a lot to be thankful for. We have great kids, community support, facilities and good coaches. Also congrats to Covington on a great game. I’ll eat a little crow and say I thought it would be a little easier but I was wrong. The Covington coaches added a few wrinkles to their offense that caught us off guard. Time of possession in the first half was huge. Covington also had several good looking players and they played with a lot of heart. Overall just a great game to watch.  Now let’s getting ready to get #18! 

Covington coaches didn’t just throw in a few wrinkles they put in a totally different offense. That’s the best game plan I’ve ever seen from our coaches. And everything went accordingly. Just a few plays hurt us.