3A Title Game - Alcoa vs Covington

CHARGERFAN

31 minutes ago, Springbrookrat said:

Congratulations to our seniors for a great 4 year run and the rest of the team as well. This program has a lot to be thankful for. We have great kids, community support, facilities and good coaches. Also congrats to Covington on a great game. I’ll eat a little crow and say I thought it would be a little easier but I was wrong. The Covington coaches added a few wrinkles to their offense that caught us off guard. Time of possession in the first half was huge. Covington also had several good looking players and they played with a lot of heart. Overall just a great game to watch.  Now let’s getting ready to get #18! 

Totally agree! Thought we missed on at least one opportunity to put extra points the board, but that’s football. Covington played hard again this year. IMHO the Alcoa O-line was the difference in this game. Congrats to Covington on a great season. Y’all represented West TN as well as, or better than, any team so far! :thumb:

Edited by Throwdeslant

1 hour ago, scots50 said:

Excellent performance! Who needs to throw the ball when you are ripping off runs of 5, 8, and 10 yards. Considering last night’s weather and wind, it was imperative they stepped up. Very proud of our OL. 

1 hour ago, Throwdeslant said:

Yes sir! For the most part play calling was very good. There were about 4 calls that I questioned, but all in all great game plan.. Gotta give credit when it’s due! :thumb: Alcoa O-line was great in the trenches all day!!! Huge props!!!

I agree!

42 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

Totally agree! Thought we missed on at least one opportunity to put extra points the board, but that’s football. Covington played hard again this year. IMHO the Alcoa O-line was the difference in this game. Congrats to Covington on a great season. Y’all represented West TN as well as, or better than, any team so far! :thumb:

Not gonna lie, I was so proud of our o line especially on that last drive.  Covington played hard and had a great game plan. Congrats to them. I thought before the game covington would focus on chewing the clock, Alcoa had the ball 3 times when the 4th quarter started.

1 hour ago, STARSNBARS said:

Congrats two Alcoee and espashlee #44....Cuvintun haid a goodur gaim plan, but tha play thait chainged thangs wuz tha cawl on tha FG shift and thait 5 yard penaltee.......Goodur cawl.....:popcorneater:

Probably goes into overtime without that play. One of our coaches said they hadn’t done that same shift type play in three years and we weren’t ready for it. Rankin didn’t want to leave outcome of game in kickers hands and he didn’t!!

1 minute ago, bglass said:

Probably goes into overtime without that play. One of our coaches said they hadn’t done that same shift type play in three years and we weren’t ready for it. Rankin didn’t want to leave outcome of game in kickers hands and he didn’t!!

That is something they practice several times a year. Perfect timing for that call! Worked to perfection. Was not looking forward to a 38 yard fg attempt. :thumb:

6 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

That is something they practice several times a year. Perfect timing for that call! Worked to perfection. Was not looking forward to a 38 yard fg attempt. :thumb:

Yeah he would have never kicked it if we don’t jump offsides. Probably just call timeout then go for it . Is Russell gonna play college ball anywhere? Our QB is going to Austin Peay to play baseball.

7 minutes ago, bglass said:

Yeah he would have never kicked it if we don’t jump offsides. Probably just call timeout then go for it . Is Russell gonna play college ball anywhere? Our QB is going to Austin Peay to play baseball.

Lomax will do well at Austin Peay. :thumb:I’ve heard some FCS schools are interested. Not really heard anything solid recently..