Why in the He double hockey sticks?

dannyq

I'd like to see the TSSAA make attendance as part of the stat sheet.  I'd like to know if the DII games on Friday will have any affect on attendance of the DI games on Thursday and Saturday.   

I usually attend the DI games and stay overnight but I doubt we will make a 3 day weekend out of it.  

I bet the TSSAA is keeping track of this format.

9 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I'd like to see the TSSAA make attendance as part of the stat sheet.  I'd like to know if the DII games on Friday will have any affect on attendance of the DI games on Thursday and Saturday.   

I usually attend the DI games and stay overnight but I doubt we will make a 3 day weekend out of it.  

I’m sure they do or at least know what the total gate was from the day. 

10 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I think you're onto something Southtowner but may have worded it incorrectly. I dont think the DII games will affect the poor kids games one bit bc we (DI) usually always have great fan support from Memphis to Mountain City and will travel to support our teams. Heck, some teams playing for the gold ball will also have a few of their crosstown rivals traveling to cheer for them as well. I dont think this community support is as prevalent for the DII schools, and if it is, I haven't seen it when I came to watch. I'm fairly certain the TSSAA has noticed this by now as well with their "DII GATE$". Let's be honest, if someone has drove 3 hours to watch Greeneville on Thurs and Alcoa on Sat or Peabody, Covington and Whitehaven, what are they going to do on Friday? The T$$AA knows this as well and is hoping maybe, just maybe the public school fans will be bored enough to come support MUS or any other private school playing that day.

Edited by FargoStrut

D-2 should play Thanksgiving weekend or on Thursday before if we keep 3 classes in D-2 and 6 classes in D-1.  Some D-2 have a bye the first week of the playoffs. Essentially they only play 3 weeks of the 5 weeks in the current playoff system (I think I'm right on this), so they get the benefit of having 2 weeks to prepare for a championship game and the 6 TEAMS THAT PLAY ON DAY 1 HAVE 1 LESS DAY TO PREPARE THAN THEY NORMALLY DO.

Another possible scenario. 1. Week 1 is on August 24 (2018), 2. Week 10 is on Oct. 26, 10 straight weeks no open date, 3. NO PLAYOFF GAMES UNTIL NOV 9, here is the open date but it only affects the playoff teams, 4. Blue Cross Championship games on Dec. 6,7,8.

4 hours ago, FargoStrut said:

I think you're onto something Southtowner but may have worded it incorrectly. I dont think the DII games will affect the poor kids games one bit bc we (DI) usually always have great fan support from Memphis to Mountain City and will travel to support our teams. Heck, some teams playing for the gold ball will also have a few of their crosstown rivals traveling to cheer for them as well. I dont think this community support is as prevalent for the DII schools, and if it is, I haven't seen it when I came to watch. I'm fairly certain the TSSAA has noticed this by now as well with their "DII GATE$". Let's be honest, if someone has drove 3 hours to watch Greeneville on Thurs and Alcoa on Sat or Peabody, Covington and Whitehaven, what are they going to do on Friday? The T$$AA knows this as well and is hoping maybe, just maybe the public school fans will be bored enough to come support MUS or any other private school playing that day.

I think if we had the attendance included in the stat sheet we may get a look at a trend. My thinking is this:  Instead of getting to attend both DI days that are back to back I'll only choose one day of the DI games this year that are most important to me. By having the D2 games in between this year I think it could have an affect on some attendance.  

Being a Pirate fan I attend the 1,3, & 5 games.  I love the fact that the 2, 4 and class 6 games are the next day or the day before.  This gives us publics a chance to see a Trousdale, Greeneville, Maryville and such. 

And why in heaven do the publics have to play without a full week of being able to get prepared?  A 6 day turnaround is a low blow considering the time D2 has to prepare. So I'm not in favor of any DI games on Thursday.

Bottom line is I want to see the attendance stats.  

The above content is not intended to disparage any D2 school, community or followers.