Why in the He double hockey sticks?

dannyq

1 minute ago, cbg said:

The D2 championship games should be played at 7:00pm on Thanksgiving Day at home field of the higher ranked team.  Yes, I understand that would require games being played at three different locations but it would make for a better atmosphere.

What if you have two undefeated teams?    You gonna go by AP rankings??   Surely you jest.

15 hours ago, wave88 said:

My proposal... Thursday-D2 1A,  D1 1A and D1 2A.  Friday-D2 2A, D1 3A and D1 4A.  Saturday-D2 3A, D1 5A and D1 6A.  Build up to the three largest classes on Saturday.  

I actually love this idea from a gate standpoint.   Especially that Saturday format.   Seeing Oakland followed by BA would really give a lot of folks an idea of how much difference there is year to year between D1 and D2.   Most years, D2 would obviously dominate, but there have been a few special public school teams over the years I'd love to see match up with the D2 champ.

1 hour ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Okay, I'm confused on this one.   You do realize they don't sell alcohol at high school games correct....:blink:

He was using that as an example to show that certain things that used to not happen on Sundays now do happen on Sundays, and saying that HS football could be played on Sunday as well

Myself, I like the current Thursday-Friday-Saturday arrangement. Most of all, I DO want all 9 classes at the same site and with no overlapping games. My dad and I watch all 9 games every year, and I am sure there are more like us out there. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Okay, I'm confused on this one.   You do realize they don't sell alcohol at high school games correct....:blink:

Just so you will understand since they sell these items on Sunday now it shouldn't make any difference if we have a high school football game on Sunday also.  After we go to church of course. Guess I'm being kinda sarcastic! 

It would be nice to have the private schools play on Thanksgiving Saturday and the public's play the next weekend. The private schools wouldn't have to wait two weeks and it shouldn't interfere with their Thanksgiving plans and the public school fans could view all six classifications if they wanted too. (I don't have anything against the private schools, just don't follow them much since most of the school in my area are public schools. I and my son and friends have tried to go to the state championships yearly since he was in middle school. He is now 31 and teaching and coaching at the high school level. We won't go until Saturday this year because of the playoff schedule. I think this would work for all classifications and satisfy TSSAA's pocket book! TN Tech finishes their schedule the week before Thanksgiving, so scheduling should not be an issue. 

The reason why it makes NO SENSE FOR 2,4,6 A to be playing on Thursday is because the PRIVATES didn't play LAST WEEK. The 2,4 and 6 A participants have to have a short week to appease these richy rich folks. It's bogus. I had to get that off my chest. Rotating maybe 1 or 2private with a 1A or 2A school (due to the fact that both west and east participants are usually less than 3 hours away from Cookeville with exception of maybe a Union City or Fairley, if and when they become state title contenders). The biggest Baddest teams (6A) have a short week to play a title game! That's bs

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

So what I'm saying Thursday should go 2A, D2 1 and 2 privates.

Friday 1A, 3A, 5A

Saturday 4A, Coin flip for the 7 pm game YEARLY at the start of the playoffs between 6A and D2 3!

This would be a fantastic idea! I usually make the trek to Cookeville each day of the State Championships and would like them to all be on the same weekend, just in the order BHS mentions above! JMO

40 minutes ago, AlwaysAPatriot said:

This would be a fantastic idea! I usually make the trek to Cookeville each day of the State Championships and would like them to all be on the same weekend, just in the order BHS mentions above! JMO

The Saturday would be sooooo LIT

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

8 hours ago, AlwaysAPatriot said:

Why 2A on Thursday? Why not 1A? I’m assuming you are partially basing this on crowd size/interest. Counter argument being rural counties actually bring bigger crowds than any of the private schools and at least equal to many inner City schools. 

9 hours ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

The reason why it makes NO SENSE FOR 2,4,6 A to be playing on Thursday is because the PRIVATES didn't play LAST WEEK. The 2,4 and 6 A participants have to have a short week to appease these richy rich folks. It's bogus. I had to get that off my chest. Rotating maybe 1 or 2private with a 1A or 2A school (due to the fact that both west and east participants are usually less than 3 hours away from Cookeville with exception of maybe a Union City or Fairley, if and when they become state title contenders). The biggest Baddest teams (6A) have a short week to play a title game! That's bs

FYI, CPA could give a flying flip about what day we play on. 

And your biggest baddest team got beat by a D2 AA school. You sound like the Memphis version of MJGoldenBears with the 6A superiority talk.

On the other hand, I watched Oakland play last week and they looked like the biggest baddest team in the state...