Why in the He double hockey sticks?

dannyq

2 hours ago, zoneread56 said:

i think they would be good games except for alcoa. this yr they are not the same as yrs past in terms of dominance

What in the world have you been smoking? It’s true we haven’t played our best offensively the last two weeks but we have won being vanilla on offense. I’ve been watching Alcoa football for a while and can say this is one of our best teams. We also have a winning record against the privates. We have beaten the likes of Brentwood Academy, McCallie,CPA and many others. Did you know we snapped Maryville’s home win streak and Oakland didn’t? You sound like one the people that said Maryville couldn’t play with the big boy’s. We never win the imaginary games but when the real games come we do pretty good. 

Edited by Springbrookrat
Typo

36 minutes ago, Springbrookrat said:

What in the world have you been smoking? It’s true we haven’t played our best offensively the last two weeks but we have won being vanilla on offense. I’ve been watching Alcoa football for a while and can say this is one of our best teams. We also have a winning record against the privates. We have beaten the likes of Brentwood Academy, McCallie,CPA and many others. Did you know we snapped Maryville’s home win streak and Oakland didn’t? You sound like one the people that said Maryville couldn’t play with the big boy. We never win the imaginary games but when the real games come we do pretty good. 

You guys haven’t played a good D2 school in many years. The last one was when Cobb was there against mccallie and BA was in the 80s so it’s been a while man. CPA doesn’t count bc they were public league then and Would have got smoked by top D2 teams. Also btw maryville has never played anyone in the big boy games and is scared to schedule out of state games. Ensworth handed it to them every single time that they scrimmaged including maryvilles very good 2013 team. Alcoa teams of the past have been better is all I’m trying to say. You guys struggled and got a few lucky calls your way to beat Upperman, Alcoa teams of past that wouldn’t have been a game 

1 hour ago, zoneread56 said:

You guys haven’t played a good D2 school in many years. The last one was when Cobb was there against mccallie and BA was in the 80s so it’s been a while man. CPA doesn’t count bc they were public league then and Would have got smoked by top D2 teams. Also btw maryville has never played anyone in the big boy games and is scared to schedule out of state games. Ensworth handed it to them every single time that they scrimmaged including maryvilles very good 2013 team. Alcoa teams of the past have been better is all I’m trying to say. You guys struggled and got a few lucky calls your way to beat Upperman, Alcoa teams of past that wouldn’t have been a game 

Lol! I’m just curious how did we get a lucky call?  It looks to me like it was the right call and video confirms it. I guess we’ve been lucky 16 times if that’s what you call luck. Hopefully after tomorrow we will have the most State Championships in Tennessee history and nothing can take that away from this program. The next two years looks very very very promising as well. 

Just so you know the BA teams in the 80’s and 90’s were awesome teams. The 88 team might have been there best ever. If you didn’t know they were ranked 4th in the country that year. Try comparing any private school today to the 88 BA team. BA had a free reign on the best talent in this state then. It was much harder to win a state title in the 80’s than it is now but we did and it was against the most dominating high school team (in the state of Tennessee) at the time. Since then we have beat several privates in Championship games but no love. 

We are 6-2 against the private schools in the title game. You can take what you want from that or not but those are facts. 

7 hours ago, Springbrookrat said:

Lol! I’m just curious how did we get a lucky call?  It looks to me like it was the right call and video confirms it. I guess we’ve been lucky 16 times if that’s what you call luck. Hopefully after tomorrow we will have the most State Championships in Tennessee history and nothing can take that away from this program. The next two years looks very very very promising as well. 

Just so you know the BA teams in the 80’s and 90’s were awesome teams. The 88 team might have been there best ever. If you didn’t know they were ranked 4th in the country that year. Try comparing any private school today to the 88 BA team. BA had a free reign on the best talent in this state then. It was much harder to win a state title in the 80’s than it is now but we did and it was against the most dominating high school team (in the state of Tennessee) at the time. Since then we have beat several privates in Championship games but no love. 

We are 6-2 against the private schools in the title game. You can take what you want from that or not but those are facts. 

not denying the fact the 80s and 90s BA teams were great teams. however the 2 best teams BA has ever had was the 1996 and 2015. this is coming after talking to coaches on their staff who coached and played on the teams listed. BA at the time did not have free reign on talent then bc if anything it is now. before hand it was only a handful of players per team could receive financial aid, but after gary rankin went on his crusade to get the pub-private split after BA spanked his Riverdale team, their is unlimited players that can receive aid. the split has only killed football bc like you said and i agree with a state title back then was really saying something

Based on the attendance that was at the games yesterday, I would say the date of the private class games has nothing to do with the attendance numbers of those teams.  But it has everything to do with the low attendance numbers of the games that were played on Thursday.  The experiment was unsuccessful at increasing the attendance for the privates.  Next year the privates are back to Thursday.  May as well go ahead and let the schedule next year,  be the schedule going forward.

4 hours ago, wave88 said:

Based on the attendance that was at the games yesterday, I would say the date of the private class games has nothing to do with the attendance numbers of those teams.  But it has everything to do with the low attendance numbers of the games that were played on Thursday.  The experiment was unsuccessful at increasing the attendance for the privates.  Next year the privates are back to Thursday.  May as well go ahead and let the schedule next year,  be the schedule going forward.

What would be nice would be to have 1a,2a,D21A on Thursday

3a,4a,D2AA on Friday 

5A,6A,D2AA on Saturday 

this would be best bc the smaller communities would still be willing to travel for the smaller schools while allowing the middle sized schools to play on Friday and then drawing in the bigger crowds on Friday making it better for everyone over all and keeping gate good.. or just get rid of 9 state championships lol

58 minutes ago, zoneread56 said:

What would be nice would be to have 1a,2a,D21A on Thursday

3a,4a,D2AA on Friday 

5A,6A,D2AA on Saturday 

this would be best bc the smaller communities would still be willing to travel for the smaller schools while allowing the middle sized schools to play on Friday and then drawing in the bigger crowds on Friday making it better for everyone over all and keeping gate good.. or just get rid of 9 state championships lol

That’s my proposal as well.

7 hours ago, wave88 said:

GW88, and this is with 5 of the 6 DII schools being from the Nashville area (an hour and a half drive). Imagine how bad the turnout would be if East and/or West TN dominated DII football! 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FargoStrut said:

GW88, and this is with 5 of the 6 DII schools being from the Nashville area (an hour and a half drive). Imagine how bad the turnout would be if East and/or West TN dominated DII football! 

I get this.  Most private schools are in metropolitan areas or the suburbs.  There really isn’t a community base to draw fan support.  The families and faculties of the schools can only fill so much attendance.  The original complaint for rotating the games was low attendance for the private’s was caused by the day.  The last two seasons proves this theory to be inaccurate.  

6 minutes ago, wave88 said:

I get this.  Most private schools are in metropolitan areas or the suburbs.  There really isn’t a community base to draw fan support.  The families and faculties of the schools can only fill so much attendance.  The original complaint for rotating the games was low attendance for the private’s was caused by the day.  The last two seasons proves this theory to be inaccurate.  

I'm agreeing with you 100% on everything. I virtually said the EXACT same thing on pg1 of this thread when I quoted @Southtowner. 

• Like 1