Why in the He double hockey sticks?

dannyq

9 minutes ago, BreadTruck44 said:

FYI, CPA could give a flying flip about what day we play on. 

And your biggest baddest team got beat by a D2 AA school. You sound like the Memphis version of MJGoldenBears with the 6A superiority talk.

On the other hand, I watched Oakland play last week and they looked like the biggest baddest team in the state...

CPA would get BONED by Whitehaven and we have a chance to show that we're the best in 6A tomorrow 

14 minutes ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

CPA would get BONED by Whitehaven and we have a chance to show that we're the best in 6A tomorrow 

You’d think so with the athletes you guys have, but you actually have to play to know. I know we’d be eager to find out. A few years ago we played a 7A Georgia team with 3.5K students and more D1 players than there were positions. They said the same and it didn’t go well for them...

Honestly, I hope the game is competitive tomorrow. Safe travels on your way there. 

2 hours ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

Seems a little close minded to suggest that CPA would get “boned” given their win over a certain common opponent with a 38 game win streak that Whitehaven couldn’t handle. Y’all are the second best team team in Memphis and are about to get pummeled by Oakland. 

Edited by Ragtag19

4 minutes ago, Ragtag19 said:

Seems a little close minded to suggest that CPA would get “boned” given their win over a certain common opponent with a 38 game win streak that Whitehaven couldn’t handle. Y’all are the second best team team in Memphis and are about to get pummeled by Oakland. 

Nah, we're the favorite, like Last time and we'll likely WIN WIN WIN

11 hours ago, 4thandGoal said:

Why 2A on Thursday? Why not 1A? I’m assuming you are partially basing this on crowd size/interest. Counter argument being rural counties actually bring bigger crowds than any of the private schools and at least equal to many inner City schools. 

You're right. Wasn't really thinking about that. But the 1A and 2A games I've attended over the past several years are usually very packed. My kids are Oakland kids. Sorry about the larger school bias. BHS was talking about how the privates have almost 2 weeks to practice and we are playing tonight, with a short week. I was actually agreeing more with the short weeks not happening.

1 hour ago, AlwaysAPatriot said:

You're right. Wasn't really thinking about that. But the 1A and 2A games I've attended over the past several years are usually very packed. My kids are Oakland kids. Sorry about the larger school bias. BHS was talking about how the privates have almost 2 weeks to practice and we are playing tonight, with a short week. I was actually agreeing more with the short weeks not happening.

Totally agree. We shouldn’t have to play on a Thursday morning on a short week when private schools have had two weeks. Good luck to you tonight!

• Like 1

the only reason you guys are mad is bc you hate D2 and how its better than public school ball at the higher level. how bout instead of complaining about playing on thursday, start complaining there are 9 freaking classes in a state as small as TN. There should be no more than 5 total....but wait that would require yalls almighty public private split to end. the same split that has only widened the talent gap between d1 and d2

3 hours ago, zoneread56 said:

the only reason you guys are mad is bc you hate D2 and how its better than public school ball at the higher level. how bout instead of complaining about playing on thursday, start complaining there are 9 freaking classes in a state as small as TN. There should be no more than 5 total....but wait that would require yalls almighty public private split to end. the same split that has only widened the talent gap between d1 and d2

You think BA would beat Greeneville, Alcoa, or Oakland this year if they played?

9 hours ago, leadfarmer said:

You think BA would beat Greeneville, Alcoa, or Oakland this year if they played?

yes i think the winner of the d2aaa game is the best in the state and generally always is. alcoa is very overrated. struggled and got a lucky call against a undersized and generic upperman team. greneville is solid yes but thru their run they have not  played any high caliber teams. oakland played and beat ba in a scrimmage this summer, however an inside source who knows creasy very well said come november that the result could be very different. if MUS wins they will be undefeated so then they would definitely be best in state. hopefully all this will be put to rest when BA plays whitehaven next szn

19 minutes ago, zoneread56 said:

yes i think the winner of the d2aaa game is the best in the state and generally always is. alcoa is very overrated. struggled and got a lucky call against a undersized and generic upperman team. greneville is solid yes but thru their run they have not  played any high caliber teams. oakland played and beat ba in a scrimmage this summer, however an inside source who knows creasy very well said come november that the result could be very different. if MUS wins they will be undefeated so then they would definitely be best in state. hopefully all this will be put to rest when BA plays whitehaven next szn

I think the teams I mentioned would do well against the big private schools.