Greenback Sr class of 2019

orngnblk

17 hours ago, orngnblk said:

To this Sr class of Greenback football i want to say congratulations on being the most successful CLASS in Greenback history!Our 87 team is still the only 15-0 team in our history in a time where 1A football was the best and hardest in my opinion but no one can take away or add to what you all have accomplished.Not very many teams in the history of our State in our division have done what you have.2 silver balls,1 Gold ball and 4 semi final appearances in a row.I take my hat off to you all!This thread isnt to say "almost","if we had" or anything of that nature just to say thank you for carrying the torch for all of us.And big thx to the coaching staff for getting them in position to be the best and letting them play.Until next year then we will see if we can compete again.Again thanks and it was a fun run!

Great post!:thumb:

20 hours ago, orngnblk said:

To this Sr class of Greenback football i want to say congratulations on being the most successful CLASS in Greenback history!Our 87 team is still the only 15-0 team in our history in a time where 1A football was the best and hardest in my opinion but no one can take away or add to what you all have accomplished.Not very many teams in the history of our State in our division have done what you have.2 silver balls,1 Gold ball and 4 semi final appearances in a row.I take my hat off to you all!This thread isnt to say "almost","if we had" or anything of that nature just to say thank you for carrying the torch for all of us.And big thx to the coaching staff for getting them in position to be the best and letting them play.Until next year then we will see if we can compete again.Again thanks and it was a fun run!

You can't ask for a better 4 year period than this group has provided so congrats to this group. I agree with you that the 87 team is probably unmatched in comparison to any of the prior teams and I mean to take nothing away from this group of seniors because they have had the best body of work over a 4 year span and have done it a dominant fashion.  Good luck to them all.

On 11/25/2018 at 3:17 PM, TheAmbassador said:

This was without a doubt a special group of seniors. Things happen sometime. I still feel like if Gilbert hadn’t left and Willis didn’t get hurt you would have repeated this year. No one could ever convince me otherwise. 

They would have won regardless of Gilbert if Willis wouldn’t have gotten hurt. 

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

You might be right. They were the easy pick to repeat, but two big parts of the machine were taken away. Speaking of Gilbert. How did his new team do this year? What’s his stats look like?

He was running touchdown Saturday in the semifinals they're playing for the state championship Saturday! So you could say he hasn't missed a beat.